Fondazione Piero e Lucille Corti (www.fondazionecorti.it) a registered Italian charity is searching for a:
at St. Mary’s Hospital Lacor, Gulu (Uganda)
Uganda is the pearl of Africa, a 1000 m high plateau with an ideal climate, beautiful landscapes and nature, a place afflicted by decades of conflicts, now quiet and relatively safe.
In northern Uganda, Lacor Hospital is one of the very few facilities where a mostly poor population can hope to find affordable treatment. The Hospital cares for more than 200.000 patients every year.
Lacor Hospital is a complex with over 700 employees. It includes a training institute for health (750 students, of which 500 reside within the Hospital), a logistic office in Kampala and residences within the Hospital for approximately 300 employees with their families.
The candidate will be employed by Fondazione Corti with an Italian contract and deployed to Lacor Hospital as Biomedical Engineer in the framework of the Foundation’s technical assistance to Lacor Hospital.
The place of work will be Lacor Hospital and full time residence in the Hospital is required.** Accommodation is provided by the Hospital.
We offer an extendable one-year contract. Salary will be defined depending on candidate experience.
Reports directly to the Biomedical & Electrical team manager and main job activities are:
- Install new equipment by establishing, adjusting, calibrating and testing performance;
- Supervise and approve new equipment installation by third parties;
- Maintain equipment by completing preventive maintenance schedules, conducting tests, troubleshooting and repairing malfunctions;
- Call for special equipment service, evaluate service contracts and maintain equipment inventories;
- Direct biomedical equipment operations by providing equipment operation demonstrations, instructing other healthcare staff in use and care of equipment and answering questions;
- Evaluate proposals for new equipment;
- Maintain supplies inventory by checking stock, anticipating needs, placing and expediting orders, and verifying receipt, in collaboration with procurement department;
- Prepare biomedical reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends;
- Training of local employees
- a degree or higher diploma in Electronics/Biomedical Technology or equivalent qualifications;
- at least 2 years of experience in a similar setting, preferably in a Hospital environment.
- familiarity with procurement processes and experience with inventory and maintenance software and, preferably, managing and coordinating a small team of technicians.
- very good knowledge of English.
- It is necessary to behave highly ethically, to always keep calm and a have a polite approach even in stressful situations, an hands-on aptitude, be capable of leading by example and show an effective teamwork approach. It is further necessary to have the ability to adapt to different cultures and habits and showing a high respect for people.
How to Apply
To apply to the opportunity send your cv, letter of motivation with your salary level to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Gulu, Gulu, Uganda