With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
World Vision Uganda (WVU) is a Christian relief, development and advocacy non-government organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in 43 districts and have 48 Area Programmes implementing projects in health & nutrition, water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH), livelihoods & resilience, education and child protection. World Vision (WV) is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from exploitation and abuse and will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with these beneficiaries. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Due to expansion in scope of our programmes, we are now seeking for a qualified and passionate individual willing to share in our vision and join the team in the following role.
Position: Assistant Accountant ( Re – Advertised )
Report to: Programme Accountant
Location: Mayuge and Busia District
Advert Start Date: 9th August 2022
Advert End Date: 16th August 2022
Purpose of the position:
To assist in providing financial technical support to the Project/Programme/cluster in accordance with World Vision accounting policies and procedures and the Acceptable International Financial Accounting standards
- Allocate various expenses to cost center accounts made on vouchers in compliance with WV Cost Allocation Methodologies
- Prepare and file supporting documents for all accounting transactions in compliance with WVU financial guidelines and manual
- Initiate and prepare Mobile Money transactions (using Voucher Interface) and submit to the cluster Program Accountant for upload to Share point daily
Financial planning & budget management:
- Assist in developing programme/AP/cluster budgets in compliance with the programme / cluster/APs’ Plan
- Prepare and participate in discussion of the financial report with programme/AP team on 12th every month
- Support the Programmes /cluster during the internal and external auditing
- Maintain completed/updated stores records and items (stock cards, bin cards, good received notes, stores requisitions and returns books, delivery notes and way bills in accordance with WVI/WVU policy
- Train and upgrade skills and knowledge of the programme/cluster staff and partners on accounting policies and procedures.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- A university degree, with a major in Accounting/Finance/Auditing
- A minimum of three years’ post qualification experience.
- Partial professional qualification in A.C.C.A, CPA, CA, CIA or CMA or equivalent.
- At least 3 years relevant technical and business work experience.
- Extensive Computer knowledge in Microsoft Excel, Vision Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SUN Accounting and Access is required.
- Must have proven knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Internal Control Procedures.
- Written and Oral Communication skills are essential, and the incumbent must be a team builder, who is able to work successfully in a multicultural environment.
- Knowledge of project management and project cycles
- Experience of working in the field(communities)
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Kampala, Kampala, Uganda