Job: Assistant Accountant
Organization: Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry & Fisheries
Project Name: Uganda Multi-Sectoral Food Security and Nutrition Project)
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
Reports to: Project Accountant
About US: The functions of the Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries (MAAIF) are derived from the Constitution of the Republic of Uganda, the Local Governments Act (1997) and the Public Service Reform Programme (PSRP). The role of MAAIF is to create an enabling environment in the Agricultural Sector.
About Project: The Government of Uganda received a grant from the Global Agriculture and Food Security Program (GAFSP) towards implementation of the Uganda Multi-sectoral Food Security and Nutrition Programme (UMFSNP). The Project Development Objective (PDO) is to increase production and consumption of nutrient-rich foods and utilization of community-based nutrition services in smallholder households in project areas. The project will innovatively use the primary schools under the universal primary education programme as a transfer pathway for both agriculture and health based nutrition friendly technologies and services.
Job Summary: The Assistant Accountant will support the Project Accountant in the day today activities of the Project
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Assist the Project accountant to:
- Prepare payment vouchers, and posting in IFMS
- Posting transactions to ledgers
- Work hand in hand with the Project Accountant in building capacity of project implementers at districts and lower levels.
- Prepare and maintain assets register for the project.
- Perform other duties incidental to the above assigned from time to time by the supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Assistant Accountant should be in possession of an Honor’s degree in any of the following fields: Commerce (Accounting), Finance, Business Administration (Accounting) or any other related field majoring in Accounting.
- Partial completion of Professional Accountancy qualification at least stage 2 as a must requirement’
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in the field of accounting/finance in projects/programs in the public sector or very large and reputable corporations.
- Proven ICT skills including database management.
How to Apply:
All candidates should send sealed expression of interest (application letters, curriculum Vitae and copies of academic documents) should be delivered by hand to the address below. Please indicate the position being applied for on top of the envelope. All applicants MUST register their Names and sign the registration Form as confirmation of delivery of the application. Applications should be addressed to: The Permanent Secretary Ministry of Agriculture, Animal industry and Fisheries P.O. Box 102, Entebbe-UGANDA Telephone: 0414-320 004/323990 Fax: 0414-321 255 Attn: The Commissioner Human Resource Management, Plot 16-18 Lugard Avenue Entebbe, Uganda
Deadline: 21st April 2021 by 4pm
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush5000000 UGX 0-ush5000000 Month
- Address Entebbe, Central Region, Uganda