dfcu Bank is a fast-growing Bank in Uganda offering a wide range of financial solutions to its chosen market segments. We are seeking to recruit Application Testers respectively in the Change and Innovation (CCIO) Domain. Details are as below:
JOB PURPOSE: Reporting to the Manager– Applications Development, the role holder will be responsible for system Integration checks and delivery of stable and secure software applications without vulnerabilities and in compliance with the Bank’s IT Application Standards.
- Formulate a comprehensive checklist for support that will be required before commencing system review for the various integration points.
- Analyze the fully integrated application to identify vulnerabilities and recommend appropriate remedies.
- Perform checks at integration points in alignment to system design and architecture.
- Optimize the system based on the results of the integration review to enhance performance and stability.
- Present findings in a report and obtain sign off.
- Based on the checks performed, highlight components of the architecture that need to be refined or updated in the specification documents.
- Reconcile those developments or integrations have been done in compliance with the Banks IT Policies.
- Validate that the Audit logs and other security aspects of the system have been developed to the expected standards of the Bank.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Information Technology, Mathematics, or similar field required. Banking experience is added advantage.
- Experience in the SDLC as Tester or Test Lead.
- At least 2 years of active IT or Systems Testing experience.
- Demonstrated ability to link and apply complex technologies to business strategies & a high proficiency in Information and Communication Technology.
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies of software lifecycle.
- Manual and Automation of testing and development experience.
- Knowledge about software testing practices and methodologies.
- Experience in Data migration testing, System testing, functional testing, supporting UAT testing, turning data into information.
- Knowledge of Defining, Developing the testable requirements from technical specification, identifying interdependencies, and maintaining test scripts.
- Experience in recording and tracking defects through tracking tools.
- Strong understanding of banking operations, FinTech, and product development trends.
- Familiarity with the financial services industry in Uganda.
- Strong understanding and experience in digital banking services.
- Experience leading cross functional and technical teams.
- Experience with running test & learn methodologies, such as Multi-variant testing.
- Excellent communications and engagement skills.
- Strong attention to detail and personal effectiveness.
- Strong skills at relationship building.
- Self-drive and initiative.
- Open and collaborative style; must be comfortable working in an environment where ideas are shared and challenged.
- Energy and enthusiasm; must find the work “fun” and enjoy being accountable and willing to hold others accountable.
If you believe you meet the requirements as noted above, please forward your application with a detailed CV including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates (University Transcript, O & A level), by close of business on Monday 29th November 2021 to the email address indicated below:
dfcu Bank is committed to give equal opportunities in employment and aims to ensure that it does not discriminate against gender or race. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted through +256 312 300469.
Disclaimer: dfcu Bank does not solicit/accept payment in cash/kind from prospective candidates in exchange for shortlisting or job placement. Any candidate who engages in this kind of transaction is aiding and abetting fraud and will be automatically disqualified.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda