Job: Ambulance Transport Assistant
Organization: Marie Stopes
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Administration Officer
About US: Marie Stopes Uganda is an NGO registered in Uganda. We are affiliated to Marie Stopes International. Together we deliver post abortion care, quality sexual and reproductive health care and family planning to millions of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable women. We want to make sure that women have a choice when it comes to having children and that death by unsafe abortion is reduced.
Job Summary: Reporting to the Administration Officer, the Ambulance Transport Assistant will be responsible for the Hospital Ambulance, Emergency Client Transportation and Client on board Safety and meet set objectives by his supervisor while delivering on the organizational goals. The post holder will be required to consistently engage with the Hospital Management and Hospital team on ensuring the right client care, management and prompt responsiveness. The Ambulance Manager is responsible for the effective client transportation as required by MSUG and Ministry of Health Standards.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Driving an ambulance as quickly and as safely as possible to transport patients to Medical facilities.
- Providing first aid or administering oxygen if the patient requires care before reaching the hospital.
- Sanitizing the ambulance and safely disposing of any medical waste and soiled linens plus contaminated supplies.
- Maintaining the ambulance log with daily entries and noting patients’ names and addresses, travel times, mileage, and service performed.
- Inspecting the ambulance before each shift, checking the fuel, oil, transmission fluid, wiper fluid, and coolant, and reporting any needed repairs,
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Driving Skills with Defensive Driving training.
- A minimum of three years of experience in Driving preferably emergency vehicles.
- Additional training in First Aid is an added advantage
- Map Reading
- Good Judgement and Decision making abilities.
- Good Client care skills
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their applications and updated CVs to email@example.com
Deadline: 15th April 2021.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush5000000 UGX 0-ush5000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda