Duration: 60-120 days
Reporting to: MCHN EVD Response Team Lead
Location: Kampala, Uganda (local position)
The Ambulance Driver will provide emergency Evacuation of emergency patients assigned by the call and dispatch center in collaboration with the Emergency Medical Technician.
Roles and responsibilities:
• Be on standby to respond to emergencies as and when need be.
• Actively provide support and assistance to technical staff during response.
• Maintain vehicles clean and in good mechanical conditions in line with URCS policies.
• Follow the right chain of command.
• Maintain close range and respond to all radio communication from emergency response command centers 24/7.
• Ensure the ambulance is secured and parked at duty station or safe environment when not in use
• Ensure that safe driving practices are adhered to including local driving codes and internally agreed standards
• Prepare and submit vehicle monitoring report, including records of vehicle operations, maintenance, expenses, mileage, at end of each month
• Guard against misuse of the vehicles like carrying passengers, carrying dead bodies, personal transport and other related abuse.
• Ensure road traffic rules are adhered to including having valid driving licenses, speed management and use of ambulance sirens and others.
• Coordinate with supply chain department to ensure timely fuel loading and servicing of the vehicle
• Oversee the safe travel of self and passengers aboard the vehicle.
• Make correct entries into the Vehicle logbook and ensure proper records are kept of all the spare keys, repairs, equipment (e.g. radios, antennae, etc) and fuel intake and prepare and submit vehicle monitoring report, including records of vehicle operations, maintenance, expenses, mileage, at end of each month.
• Repot all vehicles and driving related incidents to URCS including minor and major accidents, vehicle performance and maintenance issues, etc.
• Perform daily inspections for the assigned or any other vehicles and report to the supervisor accordingly Carry out any other duty assigned by your line manager.
• Person Specifications & Qualifications
• Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) or its equivalent from a recognized institution in Uganda.
• Training in community first aid, WHO/MOH Curriculum.
• Training in Basic first aid.
• Valid Driving License (Classes DL, CM and B are desirable)
• At least 5 years’ experience in driving preferably with a reputable organization
• Proven experience driving 4×4 vehicles and defensive driving skills
• Good command of the English language (oral and written) is a must with ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality.
• High level of integrity, good Interpersonal skills, good communication skills and respect for colleagues with ability to work under pressure.
How to apply
Interested and Qualified, Submit your applications to Uganda.firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Friday 25th, November 2022
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 USD 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda