SOS Children’s Villages is an independent, locally registered, child-focused, social development non- governmental organization with a strong reputation for providing quality care and protection, education and health needs for vulnerable children. Since its inception in 1991, SOS CV Uganda has reached over 60,000 children, youths and adults directly and indirectly to become empowered and self-reliant to contribute significantly to the needs of their families and communities. Works in partnership with a number of donors, (institutional and corporate agencies) including; Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation (NORAD), Austrian Development Agency (ADA), Grieg Foundation, ERIKS Development Partner, USAID/Bantwana World Education, European Union, AVIS Foundation, Brand Charity, USAID/Uganda Private Health Support Program (UPHSP), Terre des Hommes (TDH), Stanbic Bank Uganda, DHL – Go Teach, Madhvani Group of Companies. SOS Children’s Villages Uganda is seeking qualified candidates to fill the following position;
The Administrator reports directly to the Head Human Resources & Administration. She/he is the first contact and face of the organisation’s customers, visitors and vendors among others. Responsible for the efficient and satisfactory provision of logistics and administrative services at National Office and is subject to be relocated to any of the SOS Village Locations. Administer support on general services including transport, procurement of goods and services, maintenance of properties, security services.
Supervisees: Drivers and Cleaners/Office Assistants
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Managing the front desk operations
• Answering general phone inquiries.
• Directing phone to appropriate staff members at National office.
• Replying to general information request with accurate information.
• Sorting incoming mail and courier distribution for deliveries.
Providing general office administrative support
• Procuring office requirements, utilities and refreshments for guests.
• Handling National office petty cash and submits accountability to the national office finance department.
• Making travel, meeting and other logistical arrangements for staff and SOS Students.
• Procuring investment items for all projects with the help of procurement committee.
• Providing key support organizing special functions like office occasions, workshops.
• Ordering, receiving and ensuring sufficient stock of stationary items, cleaning items and other office needs.
Coordinating Secretarial services
• Coordinate meetings and organize all required for meetings.
• Helps in preparing meeting agendas and takes minutes of national office meetings and other meetings as shall be required.
• Organize conference and meeting rooms as per requested
• Performing and coordinating secretarial duties such as preparing important communications, documents and reports presented by the National Director, Head of Finance, Head of Human Resource and Administration and other senior staff.
• Preparing for meetings and appointments and issues notices and reminders as required.
Transport and Fleet Management
• Develop weekly/monthly field travel schedules, coordinating between program staff and drivers to allocate use of vehicles.
• Manage the pool of cars including their service, repair and maintenance.
• Ensure vehicles have valid insurances, drivers have valid permits
• Keep track of fuel card utilization for each vehicle and make monthly reconciliation of bills and vehicle records.
• Appraisal of the drivers
• Check all items brought in the store and receive them.
• Regularly update all stock cards and perpetual inventory
• Maintain adequate security in the stores.
• Ensure cleanliness and neatness of the store
• Procurement of office supplies
• General services (Cleaning, fumigation)
• Support the procurement department on any other transactions that may be required from time to time.
• Consolidating fuel and mileage reports.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Qualifications, Skill and Experience
• A Degree in Secretarial studies, Business Administration, Social Sciences or its equivalent.
• 3 years of relevant work experience in a busy environment.
• Knowledge of office management/administrative support practices and procurement procedures.
• Skilled in preparing and maintaining accurate records, reports and filing.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent public relations/ interpersonal skills. Ability to effectively interact with all levels of management, employees and the external clients.
• Excellent Computer skills.
How to apply
If you believe you are the right candidate for this position, please send your application letter, detailed curriculum vitae (CV), and photocopies of academic certificates, and names and contact details of three traceable referees with a subject Administrator to reach not later than Tuesday, 25th January 2022:
Electronic Applications must be sent as one Single PDF Document not exceeding eight pages to: email@example.com
Applications that are late, do not have CV or certificates or exceeds eight pages or electronically submitted as images will be disqualified. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda