Job Title: Administrative Assistant – Research
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Kampala, Uganda
The Administrative Assistant-Research will work under the direction of the Deputy Project Coordinator-Research to provide effective administrative tasks relating to research and other engagements with government officials and consultants. The role will support the hiring of research consultants and assistants and coordinating ministry of education and sports collaborators with administrative tasks including but not limited to organizing field in country and international travel preparations, supporting the development of terms of reference for research assistants and/or Consultants, processing payments and producing meeting minutes for respective PlayMatters committee meetings.
Duties and Responsibilities
In Uganda, IRC will manage three studies during the second year of implementation and the Administrative Assistant-Research will consistently provide administrative support on the below.
- Review consultants’ resumes and develop a matrix to support their recruitment processes
- Schedule and follow up on interviews, plan and arrange for interview sessions, coordinate candidate timing, and ensure interviews are conducted within the allotted time
- Process consultancy payment requirements including preparing and/or reviewing paperwork, submitting paperwork for approval, and following up on the payment processes
- Follow up with HR on all aspects related to consultancy requirements, consistently reminding consultants on basic requirements, and ensuring complete filing of documents for processing.
- Support in arranging vehicles/flights for enumerators’/researchers’ travel to and from data collection sites (mostly PlayMatters schools within Uganda)
- Arrange for refreshments or other incentives (as needed) for research participants during data collection
- Ensure timely arrangement for accommodation, meals and per diem for enumerators/researchers during data collection periods
- Support in securing and paying for venues and refreshments for research trainings and workshops
- Undertake all similar tasks, as needed, and may be required to support field teams as and when needed.
Ministry of Education and Sports (MoES) related activities
- Support the hiring processes for MoES related consultancies and technical assistance.
- Organize MoES consultant resumes and documentation and prepare their payment vouchers.
- Develop work schedules and timelines and follow up on approvals required from MoES.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings related to the project by mobilizing participants and following up with them.
- Follow up on payments for meetings and workshops with MoES staff and ensuring timely requisitions for such activities are made.
- File documents/paperwork as part of the PlayMatters knowledge management processes.
- Secure workshop venues and liaise with the meeting leads to generate meeting minutes.
- University degree in Business Administration, Secretarial Studies, Human Resource Management, Social Sciences, or related area of study
- At least 3 years relevant work experiences, with administrative and research tasks
- Proficient with computer technology and Microsoft Office applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, Power-point, Outlook.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Work experience in administrative support of a development program/project is an advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to work in teams, solve problems, prioritize workloads, meet deadlines, and work well under pressure is highly desired.
- Fluency in English is required.
Please note: Deadline for receiving applications is October 15th 2021.
The IRC and IRC staff must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
We are committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer generous benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances. We welcome and strongly encourage qualified female professionals to apply.
All staff, regardless of role, are required to create a culture of client responsiveness by requesting and using client feedback data to make decisions. In addition, all staff are expected to demonstrate inclusiveness when making programmatic decisions and working with clients, partners and colleagues from diverse backgrounds. You can read more about the IRC’s commitment to client responsiveness here: https://www.rescue.org/resource/client-responsiveness-introduction-and-faq
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda