Position: Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Designated Officer
The National Council for Higher Education (NCHE) is a statutory body established under the Universities and Other Tertiary Institutions Act, 2001 (as amended), to regulate the provision of higher education, advise the Government on policy matters relating to higher education in Uganda and to equate qualifications of higher education from within and outside Uganda
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Offering general administrative support to the attached office to ensure efficient and smooth day to day operations;
2. Receiving and guiding clients/visitors;
3. Generating and modifying documents including correspondences, minutes, reports, memos and emails;
4. Scheduling and coordinating events and meetings;
5. Maintaining an up-to-date filing system through proper record keeping, retrieval, retention, dissemination and storage;
6. Ordering for and maintaining office supplies;
7. Maintenance of office equipment;
8. Supervising office attendant/s to ensure general cleanliness of the office;
9. Carrying out any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by
1. Bachelors’ degree in Administrative and Secretarial Studies or its equivalent recognized by National Council for Higher Education;
2. Must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience working as Receptionist, Secretary, administrator or related portfolios;
3. Must be ICT literate;
4. Good communication and interpersonal skills
1. Register of inventory maintained;
2. Filing and records system maintained;
3. Reports produced;
4. Meetings managed;
5. Appointments managed.
Mode of Application.
Interested and eligible candidates should electronically submit as one attachment in PDF the following:
1. Application letter;
2. Updated Curriculum Vitae; including names and contacts of three credible referees;
3. Copies of academic certificates and transcripts;
4. Valid National Identity Card/Driving Permit/Passport; and;
5. Any other relevant documents to support the application.
The application should be addressed to the Executive Director, National Council for Higher Education, Plot M834 Kigobe Road-Kyambogo-Kampala and sent via Email to email@example.com not later than 4:00pm on Tuesday, 6th December 2022.
The subject of the email should clearly state the name of the applicant and the position applied for.
NB. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. NCHE is an equal opportunity employer, and
any form of canvasing will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 USD 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda