Summary: The Administration & HR Coordinator will manage the day to day administration of the CVT office and will be part of CVT Uganda’s operating team. The main responsibilities of this individual are to administer personnel management policies and procedures, and ensure the overall smooth functioning of the office. The Coordinator will be the main administrative support to the Country Director/Field Representative and will be relied upon for adaptability and competence in order to provide assistance wherever needed.
35% Human Resources
- In all personnel matters, maintain compliance with CVT Uganda policy and Ugandan labor law. Protect the confidentiality of personnel and individual information.
- Manage recruitment – ensure that the recruitment of staff takes place in accordance with CVT Uganda standards and Ugandan labor law. This includes appropriate announcements, interviewing, reference checks and placement in the payroll system.
- Administer HR policies and procedures – ensure appropriate and high-quality administration of staff contracts, including systems for tracking contractual issues, hours worked, holidays, benefits, employee rights, and other policies as outlined in the staff policy manual. Ensure that all promotions, demotions, and dismissals of staff are carried out with respect to the principle of equal opportunity.
- Supervise payroll management and ensure that salary payments take place in accordance with Ugandan labor law and CVT policy
- Contribute to the creation and implementation of a performance appraisal system.
- Make sure all staff members understand the staff policy manual and are aware of their rights and obligations as CVT employees. Keep employees informed of any changes in policy through written notification.
- Serve as a resource for other CVT employees in resolving conflicts and managing working relationships with one another.
- Ensure accurate program related documents records are kept of supply inventory (quantity, quality, and delivery).
- Ensure that all contracts that CVT uses for HR, supplies and services comply with the standards provided in the CVT operations handbook.
- Supplement Driver/Logistician assistant in distribute items from the supply inventory to be used as needed for program activities.
- Ensure that CVT complies with its registration status as outlined in the Ugandan legal framework for NGOs. Liaise with CVT’s lawyer for legal advice as instructed by the /Country Director/Field Representative.
- Offer support in the relationships with program stakeholders such as institutional partners and service providers according to program need.
- Welcome and log all visitors to the CVT office. Monitor all visitors according to CVT operations handbook.
- Make photocopies and prepare documents as requested.
- Be available to support every program administratively (as well as financial and logistical) tasks
- Any other duties assigned by the Country Director/Field Representative.
25% Finance/Bookkeeping support:
- Provide assistance and back-up support to the finance team preparing financial transactions and record keeping in accordance with CVT financial procedures.
- Plan and monitor office cash operations and check disbursements
- Establish reconciliation of all outstanding advances, payables and outstanding checks
- Prepare finance expenditure report for the office
- Facilitate cash count, payments and reconciliations
Bookkeeping and accounting
- Record program incomes and expenditures/disbursements
- Keep and update the accounting records and accounting system entry
- Manage cash flow for operations and work with supervisor to facilitate appropriate level of cash on hand for program activities
- Facilitate procurement documents processing and verify all procurement documents for payment against receipts
- Maintain petty cash fund and reconciliation
- Assist with grant and accounting audit preparation
10% Other Duties: Participate in other program and organization-wide activities, meetings and trainings. Complete administrative responsibilities. Perform other duties as assigned.
Required education, experience, certificates, licenses or registrations
- Diploma degree in business/public administration, human resources, accounting or a related field
- At least three (3) years of relevant work experience in administrative and/or operational capacity; experience in a humanitarian setting preferred
- Must be a Ugandan national
Preferred education, experience, certificates, licenses or registrations
- Some experience in bookkeeping highly preferred
- At least one (1) years of experience working with an international organization or a nonprofit is preferred, ideally with regular interaction with expatriate and HQ staff
Competencies (knowledge, skills and abilities)
- Demonstrated cultural sensitivity in professional environments, ideally in mental health care.
- Experience working in environments with limited resources and infrastructure. Experience working in East Africa preferred.
- Strong organizational skills and experience initiating systems for the efficient workflow of a team.
- Skilled at working as a member of a team, as well as managing a team and supporting positive dynamics.
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in environments with limited resources and infrastructure and in an isolated environment lacking in amenities.
- Demonstrated flexibility to adapt to changing program requirements, client needs and political climate.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills.
- Excellent skills in organization, attention to detail and time management (including the ability to meet deadlines).
Fluency in English required. Fluency in languages spoken in northern Uganda desirable.
Supervisory Responsibilities: n/a
- Typical office environment on office days
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, of 10 to 15 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Position dependent on donor funding
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Gulu, Uganda