Uro Care Hospital (UCH) is a specialized urology and nephrology centre that was established in 2017. The first of its kind in the East Africa region, the centre dedicated to providing affordable, high volume, high quality, and hi-tech specialized care with unrelenting attention to surgical excellence, patient safety and unparalleled passion of improving our patient’s quality of life. UCH is located in Nansana Municipality, Wakiso District, Hoima Road. UCH is seeking to fill the vacant position of Accountant.
Reports to: Hospital Administrator
Purpose: The purpose of the position is to handle the financial aspect of Uro Care Hospital and oversee every area of finance.
The Accountant will be responsible for building and strengthening the hospital financial and accounting policies and internal controls.
Key Result Areas
• Promotes the mission, values, and vision of the hospital.
• Takes lead to operationalize UCH’S financial management manual and related internal controls.
• Meets deadlines and works well under pressure to produce accurate results.
• Accurately maintains hospital and clinic financial records and ensure that discrepancies or errors are resolved.
• Prepares budgets for approval by management.
• Prepares, analyzes and distributes financial results including variance explanations.
• Ability to challenge status quo and to recommend accounting-related process improvements.
• Prepares periodic financial statistical reports and create standard and ad hoc financial reports for management as requested.
• Applies IFRS/statutory principles to accounting transactions.
• Generates annual financial reports since establishment of the hospital for future references and current monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
• Takes lead in audit processes and participates in following up the implementation of audit recommendations.
• Ensures institutional compliance with established policies, tax and other regulatory standards, including safety, environmental and legal requirements.
• Prepares and posts journal vouchers.
• Reviews and approves journal vouchers prepared by staff.
• Provides support services and insights to the senior management as necessary.
• Supervises and ensures smooth month end close activities are well implemented and coordinated.
• Supervises the Finance Department Team.
• Take lead in preparation of organizational annual work plans and budgets.
• Preparing financial papers for internal and external vendors.
• Take lead in maintaining the fixed asset registers.
• Any other duties assigned by the Supervisor.
• Demonstrates effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Provides guidance to less experienced accountants and office support staff.
• Provides training to others in the organization on utilization of certain accounting systems and processes.
• Maintains confidentiality of all medical, financial and other information
• Represent the organization in a positive and professional manner at all times.
• Complies with all organizational policies and standards regarding ethical business practices.
• Participates in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement activities.
• Works independently, exercises creativity, pays attention to detail and maintains a positive attitude.
• Able to multitask and prioritize scheduling of work.
• Completes work assignments accurately and in a timely manner Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Handle difficult situations involving customers, Doctors and others in a professional manner.
• Ability to determine appropriate course of action in more complex situations.
• Knowledge and awareness of the application of relevant national accounting Reports to work on time and as scheduled.
• Attends regular staff meetings and inservices.
Knowledge/Qualifications and Experience
• Degree in Business or Accounting required
• A chartered accountant with CPA ACCA preferred.
• Three to five years’ accounting experience.
• Advanced skills in computer accounting packages.
• Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft office products
• Experience in health care industry preferred Knowledge of administrative services
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Good judgment in determining work assignments.
How to apply
In order for an application to be considered valid, UCH will only accept applications which should include a cover letter (not more than one page) and résumé highlighting the required education and experience indicating three referees. Interested applicants may send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org in one PDF folder or hand deliver to The Human Resource Officer, Uro Care Hospital Nansana (Behind Bukomero Seven sisters building), Nakule Zone not later than Friday 26th November, 2021 by 5:00 pm.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Wakiso, Uganda