Job Title: Accountant (Full Time).
No of Vacancy: 1
Terms: Contract basis based on performance
Reports to the: Finance and Administration Manager.
Location: UDHA headquarters in Iganga.
The job holder shall assist in coordination, analyzing, summarizing and recording of UDHA financial transactions.
Job Roles/responsibilities, personal specifications and Competencies/additional skills.
- Ensures project financial reports are compiled, aligned with narrative reports and submitted in a timely manner to keep all stake holders informed.
- Produces monthly, quarterly year-end actual budget (variance) analysis and other management information that may be required from time to time.
- Ensures expenditure are incurred and reported in line with contractual agreements with donors.
- Supports the Finance and Administration department in ensuring full compliance with policies & procedures, particularly around cash, advances and banking
- Prepare Monthly staff payrolls for bank transfers at the end of each month.
- Prepare and submit Beyonic/Mobile Money and bank reconciliations to the Finance and Administration Manager for review and approval.
- Preparing cash forecasts to identify monthly funding requirements to optimize resources and deliver value for money
- Ensure proper coding of transaction before they are posted into QuickBooks & donor specific templates.
- Follow on mandatory statutory obligations and ensure that the deadlines are adhered to
- Verify the financial accountability submissions by the Grant beneficiary on its correctness and completion;
- Verify the Grant beneficiary financial replenishment requests and ensure the timely remittance of funds to the beneficiary
- Perform other tasks as assigned by his/her supervisors from time to time.
- The applicant for the Accountant job must hold a Bachelor’s degree in accounting or Finance with level 11 of CPA or ACCA.
- Work Experience: 4 Years work experience in the accounting /Finance with at least 2 years providing support to a busy NGO of professional staff, where a considerable amount of analytical skills are called for.
- Knowledge of operational issues with Grant funding and its financial accountability issues is a must.
- Financial Management, Planning, Budgeting and Coordination, Coaching and Mentoring, Accountability; Ethics and Integrity; and Team work.
- Ability to resolve problem situations in a tactful manner
- Effective communicator, both orally and in writing; ability to deal with persons of diverse cultures
- Highly conversant with QuickBooks.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong experience in financial reporting and financial analysis
Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proven ability to work under tight deadlines (and deliver financial reports) on time.
CANDIDATES FROM JINJA AND SURROUNDING DISTRICTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
If you believe you have the relevant qualifications and experience, please send your detailed Application and CV demonstrating possession of the relevant competencies, current position, names and addresses of three referees via email to email@example.com; not later than 5.00 pm. 15th December 2021 quoting the position of interest in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
While UDHA appreciates all the interested applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. In case you do not hear from UDHA one month after the closing date, please consider yourself unsuccessful. Please note that any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Any telephone solicitation will lead to automatic disqualification.
Official advert: UDHA EXTERNAL JOB ADVERT
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Iganga, Iganga, Uganda