MTN Mobile Money Uganda Limited is an equal opportunity employer and is seeking to recruit competent individuals to fill the following Position.
Job Title: Accountant – Treasury & Cash Management
Reporting to: Manager – Treasury & Cash Management
Division – Finance
No. of Vacancies: 1
Mission/ Core purpose of the Job
Responsible for Overseeing daily cash movements, managing bank account Reconciliations and maintaining financial records
Main Job Functions:
- Perform daily Bank account reconciliations for Stanbic UGX and USD
- Perform daily Bank account reconciliations for Standard Chartered Bank UGX and USD
- Perform daily Bank account reconciliations for Citi bank UGX and USD
- Perform daily Bank account reconciliations for Stanbic USD
- Ensure that end of month Reconciliations are ready by the 2nd of the following month
- Follow up on reconciling items to ensure that they are cleared before end of month
- Posting of Bank Transfers and Forex Purchases into the ERP
- Ensure there is Proper Record Keeping of all transactions handled by yourself
- Initiation of Bank Online Staff, Third Party, Business Payments and Bank to Bank Transfers
- Management and processing of bank guarantees and LCS : Processing of bank Guarantees and LC Letters and liaising with the bank to ensure that they are processed on time.
- Issuing Cash/MM to Staff.
- Posting of Cash Management Transactions into the ERP
- Receipt Cash/ MM Liquidated returned from Advance Requests
- Supplier payment management: Ensure that Invoices are paid as per contractual payment terms and all variations are dully supported to avoid Penalties and Forex loss exposure(subject to cash availability).
- Response to stakeholder enquiries: Ensure all stakeholder enquiries are timley addressed and resolved in a timely manner
- Payment Processing and Cycles: Ensure consistent and strict adherance to payment cycles dates.Each run carried out within 4working days all conditions constant(cash & signitory availability)
- Process Management: Support External and Internal Audit request submission.
- ARC Reconciliations for Forex and Cash management Accounts.
- Stewarship of Cash Management Documentation and Assets
- Ensure the Treasury team KPIs are achieved.
- Any other duties as may be assigned
Job Requirements (Education, Experience and Competencies)
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Commerce or a related Business Course
- Professional qualification i.e ACCA or CPA is an added advantage
- 2 years working experience in a busy finance function
- Experience working with Oracle ERP is an added advantage
- Financial Management and Accounting training.
- Customer Care training
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Self-Driven skills
- Strong Analytical Skills
- Knowledge of Financial procedures and policies. Etc
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to listen and work independently most of the time
- Self-motivated and dynamic
- Should be able to take initiative
- Relationship Management
MTN Mobile Money Uganda Limited has the obligation to safeguard its employees through providing a working environment that is safe and without risk to the health of its employees. MTN has a Vaccination policy for all its employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in order to work from its offices and premises.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Kampala, Kampala, Uganda