Job: Accountant / Secretary
Organization: Socete Eco Holdings Limited
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Finance and Administrative Director
About US: Socete Eco Holdings Limited is a company of Consulting Engineers, involved in supply of materials / equipment and Execution of Works. We were established in 2012, in the Republic of Congo in the City of Brazzaville (Sonaco Moukondo), and we have over 9 years of experience in the construction industry, we have built on our strengths to become a very successful Multi-national company. We have a proven track record in construction that includes; Civil Construction, Topography & Roads, Geo-Technics & Soil Mechanics, and Supply of construction equipment, other works include; Solar Energy, Agriculture, Mining& Petroleum, General Trading. Socete Eco Holdings Limited is also an Innovative company committed to delivering excellence in all areas of our business.
Job Summary: The Accountant / Secretary will apply principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports by compiling information, preparing profit and loss statements, and utilizing appropriate accounting control procedures. Provide personal administrative support. Duties include general clerical, receptionist and project-based work. Project a professional company image through in-person and phone interaction.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer phone calls-Emails/ relay messages
- Schedule appointments and track calendars
- Schedule travel arrangements
- Use Quick books/ tracking and accounting of business financials and billing
- Organize and file documentation
- Work with and submit complete corporate financial records for CPA
- Submit and receive document billing/application and filing for business transactions
- Answer simple inquiries related to business workings and project premise
- Perform general clerical duties to include but not limited to: photocopying, printing, mailing, and filing.
- File and complete documentation for employee status with State, Local and departments
- Receive and mail packages and letters
- Track and follow up on shipping and receiving
- Be a cheerful representative of the company and relay a helpful and accommodating environment
- Drafting letters of routine nature
- Visiting websites and offloading information and sending and receiving e-mails
- Receiving incoming mails and ensuring the timely and correct distribution and dispatch of outgoing mail
- Ensuring timely work and information flow to and from the office
- Taking dictations, transcribing and presenting accurate and error free work.
- Attending to callers either in person or on telephone
- Organizing meetings, taking minutes and conveying decision of such meetings to the relevant action officers/offices
- Ensuring that relevant documents for meetings and speeches are produced on time and properly organized
- Provide office managerial services such as: – Ensuring cleanliness and orderliness of the office Ensuring that all systems, installations and office equipment function properly at all times and that the Managing Director is promptly informed of the faults
- Managing records in accordance with established security and record management procedures Requisitioning and managing office stationery, office supplies and equipment
- Oversee the secretarial and support personnel deployed in the office including cleaners
- Provides financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data; preparing reports.
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Guides accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Secures financial information by completing database backups.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Answer’s accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Socete Eco Holdings Limited in the position of Accountant/ Secretary should hold a Bachelor’s degree in a related field and any certifications in the field of accounting/ secretary will be of an added advantage.
- At least 2-3 years of related work experience
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer care skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Computer literacy skills with proficiency in MS Office and other office applications
- Broad knowledge and understanding of the accounting software systems.
How to Apply:
All applicants who are suitably qualified should send their applications clearly marked “Ref: Application for a post of accountant/Secretary, with an updated resume that contains details of your qualifications, experience and present positions addressed to: Human Resource Manager, Socete Eco Holdings Ltd (Uganda), Martyrs Way Road, Queen Maxima Road, Minister’s Village 12, P.O. Box 72725, Ntinda, Kampala. Uganda
Email to: [email protected]
Deadline: 20th April, 2021
NB: Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us by 4th May 2021, kindly consider your application unsuccessful
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush5000000 UGX 0-ush5000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda