Organization: African International Christian Ministry (AICM)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
About US: African International Christian Ministry (AICM) is a non-governmental, non-denominational, non-partisan and a non-profit making organization founded in 1983 by Bishop Enoch W. M. Kayeeye with a vision for an empowered, transformed and self-sustaining community in Africa to be achieved through reaching, mobilizing and empowering rural communities and marginalized groups in Africa through capacity building and advocacy for sustainable development.
Job Summary: The Accountant will manage and oversee the day-to-day functioning and running of the account’s office including financial management of AICM Books of Accounts. .
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overall accountancy duties for the Financials (including management of grants’ budgets, authorized receipt and accounting for funds; management of accounts & budgets, and developing budgets for new proposals).
- Financial Reporting on all organizational expenditures for all projects –reviewing, preparation of reports and sharing the reports with management and the donors.
- Preparing monthly and quarterly financial statements with analysis for the different projects to support timely decision making.
- Conducting both project specific and institutional reviews, internal and external audits; and follow up on audit recommendations to ensure compliance.
- Supporting the balancing and closing of accounts and drafting of annual financial statements.
- Interpreting financial policies, regulations and ensure that there is compliance by staff to internal controls in their day-to-day work
- Preparing and submitting monthly reports on strategic plan implementation, budget status, facility requirements and other organizational requirements to initiate timely decision making.
- Monitoring and provide timely reports on the organizational income and expenditure in relation to budgets
- Coordinating the Procurement of goods and payments following the recommended and approved Procurement procedures.
- Working closely with the Executive Director in planning sessions, budget monitoring & efficient resource utilisation at AICM.
- Ensuring that all statutory and donor reports meet the required standards and are submitted within the stipulated timelines.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting, Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Business Administration –Finance and Accounting.
- Professional qualification of Level II Qualification of ACCA or CPA completed.
- At least five years of relevant working experience in Grants Management
- Must be familiar working with Quickbooks Accounting Package.
- Experience with accounting Voucher reviews.
- Must be God fearing
- Experience in managing multiple programs and organizational management skills
- Knowledge in managing donor funds and/or relations and operation requirements
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills with ability to decipher macro and micro issues in the related fields of operation
- Good communication and writing skills
- Ability to build team work
- Personal integrity and accountability
How to Apply: All candidates are encouraged to send a motivational letter and updated CV to [email protected] / [email protected] / [email protected] For further information, call +256-0775232775 /0773300302/0700640124. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted Deadline: 15th May 2021
- Salary Offer UGX 300000 – UGX 50000000 UGX ugx-300000-ugx-50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda