Responsible to: The National Executive Secretary
Key Working Relationships: Chief Commissioner, National Executive Secretary, Treasurer, Programme Officer, Project Managers.
APPLICATION DEADLINE 10TH FEBRUARY 2023
Job Purpose: The accountant is responsible for the integrity of accounting and financial reporting in the field and office. She participates in drawing up the annual budget and monitor its implementation, including regular forecasting and financial analysis. She advises on financial and economic matters and provide training and coaching to staff as required. She identifies potential risks and ensures control mechanisms are in place to mitigate their potential effects and prevent cases of fraud.
Finance and accounting
• Ensuring the accuracy of financial documents, as well as their compliance with relevant laws and regulations
• Preparing and maintaining important financial reports
• Preparing tax returns and ensuring that taxes are paid properly and on time
• Evaluating financial operations to recommend best practices, identify issues and strategize solutions, and help organizations run efficiently
• Control petty cash, income and expenses; support budget preparation, execution and reporting
• Offering guidance on cost reduction, revenue enhancement, and profit maximization
• Conducting forecasting and risk analysis assessments
• Conduct periodic financial analysis to identify and resolve issues, gaps or variances.
• Manage cash controls as well as maintain book keeping up-to-date.
• Prepare and maintain journals, the general and subsidiary ledgers and account balance;
• Track investments and maintain relevant cash reserves.
• Ensure all expenses are within assigned budget;
• Prepare financial statements, invoices, proposals, etc as required
Audit and controls
• Train staff on error free practices and other policies and help implement these policies;
• Perform regular internal checks and repair with particular emphasis on cash transactions, asset management , stock keeping, operations and personnel management records and donor procedures compliance;
• Prepare coordinate checks based on risk assessment. The checks should be reviewed and reassessed in consultation with management;
• Produce internal control reports in the agreed standard format for presentation to the Management with findings and issues identified during each control given appropriate recommendation and suggestions;
• Check justifications of transactions documents and ensure regularity and legality;
Logistics and procurement
• Preparing plans for the procurement of works, equipment, services, and supplies
• Following and enforcing the donor procurement policies and procedures;
• Reviewing, comparing, analyzing, and approving products and services to be purchased;
• Managing inventories and maintaining accurate purchase and pricing records;
• Maintaining and updating supplier information such as qualifications, delivery times, past performance, product ranges, etc;
• Maintaining good supplier relations and negotiating contracts;
• Researching and evaluating prospective suppliers;
• Commitment: Actively contributes to achieving organizational goals
• Diversity: Respects others and values their diverse perspectives and contributions
• Integrity: Acts in a manner consistent with the Organization’s core values and organizational principles
• Accountability: Takes responsibility for own action and delegated work
• Communication: Actively works to achieve clear and transparent communication with colleagues and with stakeholders of the Organization
• Collaboration: Works effectively with others on common goals and fosters a positive, trust-based working environment
• Planning: Works towards the achievement of goals in a structured and measured manner
• Analysis and decision-making: Analyses available information, draws well-founded conclusions and takes appropriate decisions
• Initiative-taking: Proposes and initiates new ideas, activities and projects
• Flexibility: Responds positively and effectively to changing circumstances
• Leadership: Provides a clear sense of direction, builds trust and creates an enabling environment
• Strategic thinking: Identifies goals that advance the organizational agenda and develops plans for achieving them
• Managing performance: Helps to maximize team performance by providing active feedback and skill development opportunities
The job description will be reviewed regularly and may be subject to change.
• Must possess a BA in Accounts, knowledge in Finance and Accounting Management is an added advantage
• Must have had over 05 years working experience in a reputable organization in Finance and Accounts field
• Must be Girl Guide and has undergone two stages of second class test in guiding
Applications should bear the title of the post as well as the reference number specified against the vacancy.
All applicants must attach professional, academic Documents and any other relevant information to the post applied for, National ID and motivational letter stating why you’re the most suitable candidate for the post applied for is a must.
Applications should be submitted to:
The Chief Commissioner,
Uganda Girl Guides Association,
P.O. Box 696,Bombo Road, Kampala and in soft copy to; firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants can access a detailed job description and requirements on the UGGA website, www.girlguidesuganda.org and also at UGGA Headquarters’ notice board at Buganda Road, Bombo Rd
DOWNLOAD: ACCOUNTANT JD
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 USD 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda