SOS Children’s Villages is an independent, locally registered, child-focused, social development nongovernmental organization with a strong reputation for providing quality care and protection, education and health needs for vulnerable children. Since its inception in 1991, SOS CV Uganda has reached over 60,000 children, youths and adults directly and indirectly to become empowered and self-reliant to contribute significantly to the needs of their families and communities. Works in partnership with a number of donors, (institutional and corporate agencies) including; Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation (NORAD), Austrian Development Agency (ADA), Grieg Foundation, ERIKS Development Partner, USAID/Bantwana World Education, AVIS Foundation, Brand Charity, USAID/Uganda Private Health Support Program (UPHSP), Terre des Hommes (TDH), Stanbic Bank Uganda, DHL – Go Teach, Madhvani Group of Companies.
PROJECT OFFICERS – EBOLA RESONSE PROJECT (5)
DUTY STATION: FORT PORTAL, KAKIRI, ENTEBBE, GULU, AND RWAMWANJA REFUGEE SETTLEMENT
DURATION: SIX (6) MONTHS
The project officer Ebola Response project will be responsible for the implementation of EVD Response project interventions and working closely with the Local government structures and community based organisations to improve and empower the families respond to Ebola pandemic and be self-reliance. The officers shall be responsible for the implementation of all the project activities ranging from training on EVD prevention, referral and linkages , support in the monitoring of the project beneficiaries and Build strategic linkages, collaborations and networks with partners at the sub county/district level
See the full job description by clicking this link!
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCES:
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in social work and social Administration, clinical and community medicine, Development studies, Community psychology, Education, social sciences and or any other relevant field.
• Minimum of 4 years’ experience in implementing community based projects in rural Uganda, most of which should have been as a direct field staff.
• Training and experience in implementing emergency Response interventions is an added advantage
• Knowledge in LRRD and practices is a key asset to the role
• Computer literate Writing and reporting skills
• Networking and influencing skills
• Ability to communicate in applicable local language(s) Passion for children.
• Track record demonstrating high integrity, reliability and dependable
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and perform other duties as required
• Ability to ride a motor cycle and with a valid riding permit is a MUST
• Ability to speak the local language in the respective district is a MUST
HOW TO APPLY
If you believe, you are the right candidate, please send your electronic application letter, detailed curriculum vitae (CV), and photocopies of academic certificates, and names and contact details of three traceable referees to the address below to reach not later than Monday, 28th November 2022:
To The Head of Human Resources and Organisational Development SOS Children’s Villages Uganda Plot 53 Ntinda II Road Kampala, Uganda
All Applications must be sent electronically as one Single PDF Document not exceeding eight pages to: email@example.com
Applications that are late, do not have CV or certificates or exceeds eight pages or electronically submitted as images will be disqualified.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 USD 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Uganda, Uganda