Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS) is the leading National Humanitarian Organization in Uganda and a member of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
Applications from suitable persons to be considered for appointment in the outlined positions are hereby invited. All applicants should adhere to the Red Cross Principles. URCS is an equal opportunities employer mindful of gender balance in its establishment.
Full job descriptions is below and you can get the application template from here
|Title||Emergency Medical Technicians (5 positions)|
|Reports||Programme Manager – Response to Public Health Emergencies|
|Location||Field-based, various locations|
|Duration||Ten (10) months with possibility of renewal|
The Emergency Medical Technician is required to be one of the first healthcare professionals to arrive at the scene of an emergency. The main role of this position is to ensure timely arrival of the ambulance at the scene of an emergency, provide emergency medical care on site and in the course of transportation to the health facility. 24-hour shift work (including weekends) is usually a standard requirement of the job.
- Responding to emergency calls and coordinating with the emergency response teams;
- Assessing patients, providing emergency treatment, making working diagnoses and referral to appropriate health facility;
- Monitoring and administering medication, pain relief and intravenous infusions accordingly in line with one’s scope of practice;
- Dressing wounds/injuries;
- Transporting patients to hospital and continuing to provide treatment while in transit;
- Providing hospital staff with patient information including condition and treatment;
- Helping provide patient care at the health facilities;
- Communicating effectively with patients and their relatives/friends;
- Teaching and training members of the public to use first aid techniques correctly;
- Compile periodic reports;
- Adhere to the Professional Code of Conduct and Ethics;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Download application template from here
How to Apply
Please send your filled application form and attach your academic transcripts and certificates. The filled application forms and academic transcripts and certificates can be e-mailed to; [email protected] or hand delivered, and or by post to:
The Secretary General,
Uganda Red Cross Society,
Plot 551/555 Rubaga Road,
P.O. Box 494, Kampala, Uganda.
Email: [email protected]
Closing date for receipt of the applications is 9th August 2021 at 5.00 p.m.
When applying please indicate your preferred location.
Due to large volumes of applications, only short listed candidates shall be contacted. Canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Uganda