Job: Relationship Manager – Corporate Banking (4 Job Placements)
Organization: DFCU Bank
Duty Station: Kampala (with up-country travels), Uganda
Reports to: Segment Head
DFCU Bank is a fast growing commercial bank offering a variety of innovative products and services. DFCU Limited was started by the Commonwealth Development Corporation (CDC) of the United Kingdom and the Government of Uganda through the Uganda Development Corporation (UDC) under the name of Development Finance Company of Uganda Limited. Later restructuring brought in DEG (of Germany) and International Finance Corporation (IFC) as equal partners with CDC and UDC, each having a 25% stake in the company. Its objective was to support long-term development projects whose financing needs and risk did not appeal to the then existing financial commercial lending institutions.
Job Summary: Reporting to the Segment Head, the Relationship Manager will manage Corporate relationships within business segments through origination in line with targets and expectations. The Relationship Manager will be responsible for offering the best customer experience to the assigned clientele to ensure retention and growth of the existing business through deeper penetration into their existing business requirements.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide superior relationship management, Customer retention, loyalty, preference & devotion to Corporate relationships.
- Sell the Bank’s products to the different corporate client segments including multinationals, large Local Corporates, development Organizations, public sector, and other parastatals, enhance growth in customer numbers and achieve overall financial targets.
- Analyse and compare our product offer, service, pricing, and financial performance against competition, and give feedback from market intelligence, to remain relevant and competitive in the market.
- Identify new or additional business openings through market research and information gathering.
- Improve on relationship management through regular visits, timely feedback to clients & continuous anticipation of their needs with the aim to exceed their expectations.
- Cross selling and retention of borrowing vs. non-borrowing clients in branches to maintain a clean & updated database.
- Monitor and manage the asset portfolio within agreed parameters to protect the Bank from loss and maximize returns in a manner consistent with business strategy.
- Implement suitable monitoring and control procedures in line with set guidelines and credit policy.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the DFCU Bank Relationship Manager – Corporate Banking job must hold a good track record in sales management.
- Five years of experience in banking of which 2-3 should be in relationship management & sales.
- Computer knowledge especially spread sheet, word & power point.
- Relevant business experience and acumen.
- Outgoing, self-motivated and a good team player able to work under minimum supervision
- Self-driven and ability to take initiative.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- A self-starter who is goal-oriented and able to meet deadlines.
- Energetic and enthusiastic.
- Excellent relationship management skills.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send applications with detailed CV’s including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates (University Transcript, O and A level) to the email address indicated below; Vacanciesbank@dfcugroup.com
Deadline: 26th February 2021
- Address Kampala, Central Region, Uganda