NUWODU is implementing a 3-year project called “a journey to inclusive civic space” in Northern Uganda with support from Ford Foundation to reduce on the shrinking civic space which is likely to halt or reverse progress towards reducing inequality, ensuring inclusion, and improving sustainability, to women and girls with disabilities. NUWODU invites suitably qualified individuals to fill in the following position in the organization.
JOB TITLE: Program Officer – Civic Space
DUTY STATION: Kampala
REPORT TO: Programs Manager
Purpose Statement of the Position
The jobholder will be responsible for ensuring that the organization plays a crucial role in promoting an enabling legal, policy and actual environment for women and girls with disabilities’ participation in shaping their societies in Uganda.
He/she will be responsible for the development of policy documents on freedom of expression and freedom of information related issues, the analysis of laws related to freedom of expression, and freedom of information, freedom of assembly, freedom of association, right to privacy, public participation and laws regulating and affecting civil society engagement vis a vis their conformity with the international and regional standards.
He/she will oversee research and monitoring of new developments and trends relevant to the above rights; lead lower, national and regional advocacy; support district, national, and regional litigation on these issues, represent the organization at conferences and meetings; and oversee the development and delivery of trainings on freedom of expression and freedom of information and other incidental rights standards to local and regional stakeholders.
1. Submit a letter of motivation and detailed 2–3-page Curriculum Vitae
2. Indicate at least 3 professional referees for reference and follow up
3. Clearly emphasise the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email
4. Deadline for submission of applications is 27th January 2023, 5 pm East African Time
5. All applications should be submitted via email to email@example.com and addressed to; Chairperson Personnel Committee, National Union of Women with Disabilities of Uganda, Plot 2015 Kisaasi-Kyanja road, P.O. Box 24891, Kampala, Uganda.
• Qualified women and girls with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
• Only shortlisted candidates shall be notified.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 USD 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda