Monitor the implementation of systems and guidelines for strengthening systems for the provision of counselling services in Baylor Uganda supported sites in the attached districts in line with counselling professional standards and ELMA project Objectives.
- Prepare and monitor the implementation of cluster work plans & budgets for Counselling activities as well as their integration into district and health facilities periodic strategic and developmental plans and budget in line with project objectives for HIV/AIDs.
- Develop health facility system for following up patients requiring continuous psychosocial counseling interventions as per the identified highly critical psychosocial problems and helping HIV infected mothers to choose appropriate infant feeding options in line with the project objectives.
- Periodically track process and outcomes of the pre and post counseling process as well as the follow up of critical cases by the ‘designated Health facility staff’ then and make appropriate recommendations to the Health facility key stakeholders in line with the project objectives & MOH guidelines for Counselling.
- Monitor the conducting of targeted counseling for pregnant/lactating mothers for retention purposes and implementation of strategies for increasing identification and retention of HIV exposed infants and children of HIV infected adults in care then conduct periodic impact assessment for these interventions in line with project objectives.
- Monitor the implementation of strategies for increasing the acceptability, uptake of adolescent friendly services and establish functional-friendly Adolescent HIV clinic and evening HIV testing centers to reduce stigma in line with national adolescent HIV//AIDs strategies.
- Periodically track process and outcomes of the disclosure process of the expected children to be disclosed to, the readiness of the care takers to disclosure and the status of the initiated disclosure process in each Health facility and make appropriate recommendations to the Health facility key stakeholders in line with the project objectives & MOH guidelines for Counselling.
- Monitor the implementation of periodic performance targets for Counselling interventions then write and submit data driven periodic reports & success stories to key stakeholders inclusive of participation in operational research in line with project objectives & MOH guidelines for Counselling.
- Build the capacity of health workers, RCT volunteers and key community stakeholders in service provision through Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) & data driven training, mentorships and support supervision given the prevailing needs in the attached districts in line with project objectives & MOH guidelines for Counselling.
- Periodically monitor the conducting and outcomes of ‘SGBV’ counselling and guidance in the face of HIV/AIDS per health facility on mitigation of negative gender norms, beliefs, practices as well as improved gender based decision making for sex and reproductive health plus demand for HIV prevention & care services in line with Baylor-Uganda objectives for SGBV.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with key stakeholders and advocate for a coordinated and harmonized Counselling interventions in the cluster in line with project objectives for HIV/AIDs.
- Monitor the distribution, storage and usage of data tools/registers at key entry points by lay HCT providers and timely reporting by districts, health facilities and VHTs in line with project objectives & MOH guidelines for Counselling.
Required Qualification, Experience and Competencies:
- Diploma in Nursing/Midwifery· Should be registered with the Uganda Nurses and Midwifes’ Council.
- A certificate in HIV/AIDS counselling.
- 3 Years Relevant Experience
Applications should include a cover letter, CV, daytime telephone contact, three traceable professional references and certified UNEB certificates as well as certified University Transcripts
You must have at least a credit 6 in MATHEMATICS and ENGLISH at Ordinary Level (UCE). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kamwenge, Kyenjojo, Uganda