Job: Youth Coordinator (2 Job Vacancies)
Organization: AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF)
Duty Station: Kampala and Masaka, Uganda
About US: AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) is an international not for profit NGO based in Los Angeles, California, USA. AHF is registered in Uganda as AIDS Healthcare Foundation – Uganda Cares. AHF-Uganda Cares is collaboration between the Uganda Ministry of Health and AIDS Healthcare Foundation with a mission to provide cutting edge and free HIV and AIDS services, including antiretroviral therapy in resource constrained settings.
Job Summary: The Youth Coordinator will oversee HIV programs for adolescents and youths broadly providing leadership, planning, monitoring, assessment of youth interventions. demand creation for HIV and sexual reproductive health services, social networking, liaison between prevention and medical service points, peer support and advocacy and reporting. He/She will also work closely with Policy, Advocacy and Marketing teams to identify key advocacy issues and development of suitable communication materials and strategies.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide requisite leadership that will ensure successful implementation of interventions for adolescents and youths.
- Convene regular team meetings to discuss progress of implementation.
- Identify adolescents and youth’s role models and ensure their active participation in all aspects of the program.
- Ensure views of adolescents and youths are incorporated at all stages of the program including their active participation in implementation of activities.
- Conduct routine assessments and community dialogue to understand factors that predispose these categories to risk of HIV infection.
- Identify and document needs of adolescents and youths that may not be within the scope of AHF mandate that may be predisposing them to risk of HIV infection.
- Participate in reviewing existing policies affecting adolescents and youths and working with the advocacy manager to advocate for policy change.
- Finance will do this.
- Identify material and technical needs of the support groups and mobilize for the access including linking them to points of help.
- Support empowerment of peer adolescent and youths support group members and development of the groups into self-help associations or groups
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution in any of the following disciplines: Public Health, Guidance & Counselling, Social Work & Social Administration, Social Sciences or a related relevant field
- Training in HIV prevention, rights-based approach to programming and psychosocial support for young people is an added advantage.
- A minimum of two years of relevant experience in a similar position with a reputable organization
How to Apply:
All candidates should send Email their applications (cover letters and CV ONLY) to: email@example.com mentioning clearly Position and Location in the subject line. The email should not be larger than 2 MB any larger email will not be considered. Address your hard copy application including telephone contact details to the: Human Resources Manager, AIDS Healthcare Foundation Plot 54B Kira Road, Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: Friday, 9th April 2021 by 5:00pm
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush5000000 UGX 0-ush5000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda