Job: Disability Inclusion Officer (2 Fresher Jobs)
Organization: Light for the World
Duty Station: Uganda
Light for the World is a global disability & development organization, breaking down barriers to enrich society and unlock the potential in all of us. Light for the World (LFTW) is an international disability and development organisation whose vision is an inclusive society where no one is left behind. We enable crucial eye health services and help empower people with disabilities in some of the poorest regions of the world.
Job Summary: Reporting to the Programmes Manager, the Disability Inclusion Officer will support the WeAreAble! Programme to ensure full inclusion of persons with disabilities in all programme interventions. The WeAreAble! Programme aims at influencing laws, policies, practices and norms for improved food security by engaging public authorities, men, women and youth with disabilities and other exclused groups. It is a multi-country programme and in Uganda the programme will be implemented in Arua, Yumbe, Nwoya and Omoro.
The Disability Inclusion Officer will be responsible for programme activities to be delivered on time, to the required quality standards, and meeting both programmatic and financial targets. S/he manages relationships with a wide range of groups, including consortium partners, Disability Inclusion Facilitators, Organisations of Persons with Disabilities, Local Government Actors and all project stakeholders. The Disability Inclusion Officer is also responsible for managing the work of Disability Inclusion Facilitators, allocating and utilizing resources in an efficient manner. The Disability Inclusion Officer is an expert in project implementation and partnership management and has strong affinity with disability inclusion. He/ she has further experience with facilitation field implementation and building synergy among implementing partners
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the project in development of project annual work plans and budgets.
- Ensure timely and quality implementation of project interventions against set targets.
- Ensure maximum integration and synergies of the Project with other ongoing interventions.
- Coordinate the activities of the Disability Inclusion Facilitators and provide coaching and support where needed.
- Liaises with, and provide updates on progress to, project stakeholders/management and promotes disability inclusive practices.
- Provide timely and accurate monthly management, quarterly, semi/annual reports and other reports as needed or requested in line with project timelines
- Monitor and guide the project’s implementation of work plan, M&E processes and budgets in line with agreed targets and standards.
- Ensure appropriate filing and availability of documentation of project information as required for internal and external communications, accountability, audits, and evaluation purposes and reporting.
- Liaise with the local government and other partners in regard to disability inclusive project implementation and opportunities, leveraging their resources with LFTW’s to improve sustainability.
- Participate and represent LFTW in key partner engagements and technical working forums at district level.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a University Degree in field relating to humanitarian and development work, program management or a relatable field
- Three years of experience working in Non-Governmental Organization, ideally focused on implementation of projects in a consortium and through sub-grantees
- Demonstrated experience in Saving groups methodology, livelihoods, microfinance and IGA methodology
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of project management best practices, including planning, budgeting, and stakeholder management.
- Demonstrated expertise in implementation of Livelihoods and Disability inclusion is desired.
- Good facilitation skills are required.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of participatory methodologies for project design, implementation and evaluation.
- Show great initiative and be able to work well in a team and independently.
- Ability to work independently and produce timely and high-quality results
How to Apply:
All candidate should apply online at the link below with a complete CV and a letter of motivation are important parts of this. Please let us know why you would like to join our team and why you consider yourself suitable.
Deadline: 26th February 2021
NB: We are an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage people with disabilities to apply for this position. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- Address Uganda