Job: Project Officers, In Their Hands Project (2 Fresher Jobs)
Organization: Aga Khan Foundation
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
About US: Since being founded by His Highness the Aga Khan in 1967, AKF has partnered with communities, governments, and local leaders to harness the best from people from all backgrounds to improve the quality of life. The Foundation’s work is rooted in core values of self-reliance, pluralism, and respect for human dignity. AKF is a member of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), one of the world’s leading poverty solutions networks. The AKDN’s integrated approach makes long-term investments, builds permanent institutions and cultivates an active civil society, impacting tens of millions of people annually in 30 countries. Alongside its sister AKDN agencies, AKF implements innovative, community-driven solutions based on decades of experience, learning and evaluation.
About ITH Programme: The ITH programme will be implemented by the Aga Khan Foundation in partnership with In their Hands Company (ITH CO), and Triggerise Limited who will together provide comprehensive sexual and reproductive health services (SRHR) to adolescent girls (15-19) in Kampala and Arua, through immersive engagement with girls and their communities as well as through a user-centric digital platform (ITH platform for a period of 12 months. AKF seeks highly motivated Project officers with hands-on SRHR experience who will be based in Arua and Kampala and will be engaged for a period of 11 months starting May 2021 and ending March 2022. The Project Officer will contribute to the technical direction of the project through supporting the project implementation planning processes including project start up activities, building and formalizing partner engagement, supervision of all field staff, training, and mentorship as well as well as project risk management. The Project officer will ensure significant day to day support to project staff, to ensure that agreed targets and deliverables are met including proper reporting, financial management and compliance.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute workplans and activities derived from the project’s goals, agreed targets and deliverables.
- Directly supervise a team of 6 community engagement facilitatiors.
- Training of community engagement facilitators, group leaders and community groups.
- Maintain effective and regular communication with all implementing partners, including national and local government stakeholders.
- Work closely with the Project Manager to provide day to day supervision of project activities and project partners to ensure efficient and effective project implementation.
- Provide input in the development, implementation and regular review and revision of the project’s risk management plan.
- Provide regular project progress and results, success stories and lessons learnt, and flag risks or areas of concern through timely weekly and monthly reports to the Project Manager.
- Works with MERL Teams to design and deliver baseline and end line surveys to document stakeholder attitude and practice changes
- Collaborate with partners, community leaders and members, to deliver the program on the ground.
- Perform other relevant duties as and when assigned, by the Project Manager, and Senior Management Team.
- Develops well-conceived and evidenced-based learning and documentation resource briefs on AKF key approaches.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Gender Studies, Development Studies, Communications project Management or any other related degree.
- At least two to four years’ relevant experience in SRHR, youth, gender equality and social inclusion programming community engagement, social and other development project activities.
- Experience working with Civil Society and Community Based Organisations will be an added advantage.
- Strong community mobilization skills are required.
- Training and facilitation skills are desired.
- Team player with the ability to work within a multi-cultural environment.
- Knowledge of the local language is desirable.
- Working knowledge of MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
How to Apply:
All Candidates interested in this exciting career opportunity with AKF should submit a cover letter and maximum three-page CV including the names and contact information of three professional referees at the link below.
Deadline: 19th April 2021 by 4:30 pm
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush5000000 UGX 0-ush5000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda