Enterprise Development Coordinator
Full-time, 40 hours per week over 5 days
About Ripple Effect (the new name for Send a Cow)
Ripple Effect Uganda is a growing and dynamic international development charity creating a wave of change in rural Africa.
We are a partnership of experienced and committed staff, working with farming families in Africa. We are all inspired by the need to create an even greater impact on hunger and poverty in rural communities that are increasingly threatened by economic challenges and the climate crisis. Together, we support families to learn more, grow more and sell more. They then share what they know and have with their communities, creating a ripple effect of environmentally sustainable change across rural Africa. We are at an exciting stage in our history, as we re-brand from Send a Cow with an ambitious new 2030 strategy to multiply our impact
In partnership with Mastercard Foundation, Ripple Effect Uganda plans to implement a five-year (2022 – 2027) Youth Inclusive Dairy Market Systems Project (YIDaMS) whose aim is to enable 50,000 young women and men to access dignified and fulfilling work in the dairy sector. These will comprise of youth aged 18-35 with 70% young women, 5% young people with disability and 10% refugee youth. Key expected outcomes are
1. Improved access to and delivery of good quality and competitive dairy sector education and skilling
2. Increased access to sustainable on and off farm employment and profitable entrepreneurship opportunities for young people in the dairy sector and,
3. Increased access to viable and sustainable markets for the young people’s dairy products and services
The project will be implemented in 11 districts in Southwestern Uganda namely Kamwenge, Rubirizi, Mitooma, Bushenyi, Buhweju, Sheema, Ibanda, Mbarara, Kiruhura, Isingiro and Ntungamo districts.
Ripple Effect Uganda is seeking for qualified candidates to fill the 14 positions to support this project.
About the role
Enterprise Development Coordinator will oversee partnership, market linkages and built teams capacity to deliver the intervention. Support intervention teams to identify and facilitate the development of dynamic and inclusive enterprises that are aligned to dairy value chain. Leading value chain and/or market analysis studies intended to support and match youth skilling interest and enterprises to actors in the value chain.
Read the job description to find out more about the role.
Ripple Effect Uganda is looking to fill two vacancies for this role.
Everyone at Ripple Effect Uganda has a belief in our mission and has a passion to see sustainable change in rural Africa. We all play a key part in its success. As part of the Ripple Effect Uganda team, you will be welcomed into a supportive, learning culture.
If you have the essential skills required for this position and the passion for our mission and values, we would love to hear from you.
• Download and fill in the application form provided below
• Attach a comprehensive CV and certified copies of academic documents
• Submit application online to email@example.com clearly indicating the position and location you are applying for in the subject line.
Deadline: 3rd October 2022 at 5:00pm EAT
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Kampala, Kampala, Uganda