Founded in 2006, Building Tomorrow (BT) is a community-powered organization that harnesses the potential of local change-makers to connect learners across rural Uganda with transformational education programs.
The BT Fellowship Program recruits, trains, and deploys dynamic Ugandan recent university graduates to mobilize rural villages to create sustainable solutions to support inclusive and quality education in their communities. Through pre-service training, in-service coaching, and post-fellowship support, youth leaders of Uganda become co-creators of innovative solutions. Fellows work alongside community leaders known as Community Education Volunteers (CEVs), school leadership, and local government heads. To date, BT has enrolled over 77,000 out-of-school children and reached over 107,000 students with literacy and numeracy programming.
The Fellowship experience creates lasting change not only for the placement communities but for fellows’ personal growth. The BT Fellowship is highly selective and offers young leaders the opportunity to practice and hone skills in leadership, advocacy, management, communications, data management & analysis, and project design & management. Upon successful completion of the Fellowship, Fellows join a dynamic, creative, and driven cadre of alumni who collaborate with and inspire one another to build careers and organizations that change the world.
We are looking for 100 ambitious and creative leaders to help us transform education in Uganda. We want you to apply if you meet the following criteria:
1. Passionate about community development with a desire to create social impact.
2. Possess a passion for education equality, creative ingenuity, a relentless work ethic, and belief in collaboratively engaging with others.
3. Commitment to complete 24 months of the leadership journey with strict compliance to BT code of conduct
4. Ability to ride (or eagerness to learn) a motorcycle to navigate rural com- munities and a willingness to relocate to these districts
5. Bachelor’s degree in any field from a recognized University or higher institution of learning.
6. Aged 27 years and below, with no more than 2 years of post-university training.
7. Able to speak at least one of the local languages in Eastern, Central and/or the Western Uganda region
8. Strong communication and demonstrated leadership skills, and a high degree of emotional intelligence.
9. Computer literate and Microsoft Office essentials 10. Familiar with how to use smart devices such as phones and tablets.
10. Familiar with how to use smart devices such as phones and tablets.
Graduates from marginalized communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
All applications will RESTRICTLY be received through our website under careers section.
Deadline to apply: 5pm EAT, Friday 28th October 2022
No applicant is required to pay for placement in the Fellows Program. Building Tomorrow is an equal opportunity employer.
Building Tomorrow will hold a virtual Q&A meeting on 20th October, 2022 at 11 am. To receive the meeting link, please click here to sign up.
For more information about the Fellows program, visit www.buildingtomorrow.org.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 USD 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Kampala, Kampala, Uganda