Only Group 1 and Group 2 candidates are eligible to apply for this position. Interested staff members should consult Recruitment and Assignment of Locally-recruited Staff (RALS) para 35-40.
This position is open to applications from Group 1, Group 2 and all external candidates, provided that requirements regarding professional experience, academic qualifications, language, etc. are fulfilled.
TO THE ATTENTION OF EXTERNAL CANDIDATES:
External candidates must be legally present in Uganda at the time of application, recruitment and hire. Non-Ugandan citizens are required to submit a valid Ugandan residence permit to be considered.
Your application will NOT be considered if;
– The application form is not duly filled.
– The questionnaire at the end of the application form is not answered. (for external candidates)
– A valid residence permit is not attached to the application. (for non-Ugandan external candidates only) Data Management Associate
Organizational Setting and Work Relationships
The Data Management Associate is normally supervised by a professional staff member who provides the incumbent with general guidance and workplans. The incumbent works quite independently with an oversight from the supervisor. S/he may directly supervise some support staff.
Contracts are mainly with the colleagues in the same duty station to exchange information and to discuss the work plans. External contacts are with the national and local authorities for gathering and exchange of data.
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR¿s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
– Manage the use, maintenance and technical support of databases used in the Operation, including planning and overseeing data collection, input and verifications; production of standard and ad hoc reports.
– Generate statistical reports based on the standard reporting formats and ad-hoc reports, charts and tables as required by the management.
– Provide training, as necessary, to UNHCR staff as well as staff-members of implementing partners in relevant aspects of data management.
– May be required to coordinate with the GIS colleagues to ensure that data collection is compatible with GIS.
– Archive and backup database systems; ensure security of databases; perform database administrator functions.
– Assist in development of new applications/databases needed by the UNHCR Offices/Units in area of responsibilities in order to perform their tasks smoothly.
– Ensure that the clients’ databases are up-to-date by identifying and keeping what is relevant and accurate in an accessible manner.
– May be required to support registration activities including ProGres technical support and on-site assistance.
– May be required to support voluntary repatriation activities including reconciliation of VolRep data from country of asylum and encashment centers, verification of Voluntary Repatriation Forms (VRFs) and coordination with VolRep Centers (VRCs) on information issues.
– Develop forms and tools for data collection and analysis.
– Have access to relevant data and records.
– Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
3 years relevant experience with High School Diploma; or 2 years relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher
Field(s) of Education
Certificates and/or Licenses
Information Technology Data Management
(Certificates and Licenses marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Relevant Job Experience
DM-ArcGIS (Geographic Information System)
TR-Training – Virtual and face to face
(Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
All UNHCR workforce members must individually and collectively, contribute towards a working environment where each person feels safe, and empowered to perform their duties. This includes by demonstrating no tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, harassment including sexual harassment, sexism, gender inequality, discrimination and abuse of power.
As individuals and as managers, all must be proactive in preventing and responding to inappropriate conduct, support ongoing dialogue on these matters and speaking up and seeking guidance and support from relevant UNHCR resources when these issues arise.
This is a Standard Job Description for all UNHCR jobs with this job title and grade level. The Operational Context may contain additional essential and/or desirable qualifications relating to the specific operation and/or position. Any such requirements are incorporated by reference in this Job Description and will be considered for the screening, shortlisting and selection of candidates. Shortlisted candidates may be required to sit for a test. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. No late applications will be accepted.
UNHCR is committed to diversity and welcomes applications from qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, color or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered. The monthly net salary is between UGX 5,433,500 and UGX 7,093,920 depending on relevant experience, dependency status and language proficiency. For more information on UN salaries, allowances and benefits, please visit the portal of the Office of HR Management of United Nations.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Kampala, Kampala, Uganda