SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation that applies practical know-how to make a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty. We use our extensive and long-term in-country presence to apply and adapt our top-notch expertise in agriculture, energy and WASH to local contexts. SNV has an annual turnover of €130 million, over 1,250 staff in more than 25 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organisation that uses project financing to implement our mission. This requires us to work efficiently and to invest in operational excellence.
Main tasks and duties:
Front Desk management:
- Receive and correctly attend to visitors
- Operate the telephone switch board, scanner and maintain the general
- Keep records of private calls, private copies
- Receive and dispatch all mail/ messages /calls and maintain registration records where appropriate
- Follow up absence board in reception
- Initiate project procurements
- Support in Fleet management
- Book Hotels for the staff
- Minute-taking during team meetings
- Keep and maintain address, telephone, and stationery stock records
- Responsible for the filing system of the portfolio
- Supporting the Project Finance unit
- Diploma in Secretarial Studies or Certificate in Business Administration or Diploma in Logistics and Procurement. Ability to think independently, analyze problems, and identify solutions.
- High degree of initiative, flexibility, reliability, discretion, and willingness to learn.
- Cross cultural skills and management experience of multiple complex tasks.
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Good computer skills in MS-applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet, Etc.)
- Customer care formal training is an added advantage
- A person with a positive attitude towards work, cheerful and with a bright outlook and enthusiastic
- Contract period: 1 years with possible extension.
- Contract type: Local (open to Ugandan nationals only)
- Desired Start Date: August 2022
This opportunity is available to Ugandan nationals who are residents in Mbarara Fort Portal and surrounding areas..
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 USD 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda