The Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) is a Ugandan not-for-profit organization whose mission is to strengthen health systems in Africa, with strong emphasis on infectious diseases, through research and capacity development. IDI has six operational areas through which it works to achieve its mission: Prevention, Care and Treatment; Training, Research, Laboratory services (including the CAP-certified IDI Core Lab & Translational Lab), Global Health Security and Health System Strengthening.
In order to successfully, implement the project, IDI is looking for a competent and experienced individual to fill the positions below:
The Pharmacy Logistics Officer will provide technical support to district and facility teams to ensure appropriate management of HIV and TB commodities.
- Support mentorship and training efforts to build capacity of district and facility teams to manage health logistics related to TB and HIV/AIDS care.
- Guide district and facility teams to quantify and order for TB and HIV care commodities through national ware houses in a timely manner to ensure steady supply.
- Support implementation of standard stock monitoring and management practices including use of electronic inventory systems in order to minimize wastage and avert stock outs.
- Establish facility surveillance systems to detect and notify adverse drug reactions to drug regulatory authorities in a timely manner.
- Support design and implementation of appropriate differentiated ART service delivery models in line with national policies and the PEPFAR community framework.
- Support development of SOPs to guide facility teams to appropriately handle HIV and TB commodities using standard inventory management tools.
- Support the health workers to identify, implement and document continuous quality improvement activities along the logistics supply chain.
- Support health facilities to compile and submit accurate HMIS and programmatic reports according to project, donor and Ministry of Health timelines.
- Any other duties as may reasonably be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Diploma in Clinical pharmacy
- Full and active registration with the Allied Health Professionals council
- Training in supply chain management for HIV/AIDS and TB logistics
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience and up-to-date knowledge of the national medical logistics systems
- Good communication, organization and management skills.
- Understands client confidentiality and exhibits high level of ethical conduct.
- Has basic computer literacy including word processing, excel, internet and power point.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda