The Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) is a Ugandan not-for-profit organization whose mission is to strengthen health systems in Africa, with strong emphasis on infectious diseases, through research and capacity development. IDI has six operational areas through which it works to achieve its mission: Prevention, Care and Treatment; Training, Research, Laboratory services (including the CAP-certified IDI Core Lab & Translational Lab), Global Health Security and Health System Strengthening.
IDI has received a five-year transition award entitled USAID Local Partner Health Services-TB Activity. The purpose of the Award is to increase TB case detection and treatment success in Uganda to 90% of all cases and thus contribute to substantial reduction of Uganda’s TB burden by 2026. IDI will work through technical assistance to the national TB Program in the three districts of Kampala, Mukono and Wakiso and Regional Referral Hospitals to increase availability, accessibility and utilization of integrated TB/HIV and MDR-TB services.
In order to successfully, implement the project, IDI is looking for a competent and experienced individual to fill the positions below:
The Accounts Assistant- USAID LPHS- TB Activity is responsible for timely and accurate processing of project transactions; assisting with preparation of timely and accurate project financial reports and invoices; receivables management and applying project closeout procedures.
- Assists the Senior Accountant to ensure that project reports and invoices are completed in a timely manner. Verifies the accuracy and completeness of Transaction Details in NAV Microsoft Dynamics before forwarding to the Grants Management Unit for report preparation. Responds to enquiries and checks accounting transactions to locate and resolve discrepancies.
- Assists the Senior Accountant to design and implement project reports that satisfy donor requirements. Prepares variance and other financial analyses of project accounts, as requested by the Senior accountant.
- Assists the Senior Accountant with reconciling accounts receivable and follows up on payment of long outstanding receivables for the project and staff advances.
- Performs periodic asset verifications, cash counts and stock counts at IDI and/or field offices
- Assists the Grants Management Unit with relevant information to enable preparation of informed project budgets.
- Identifies internal controls that require improvement and suggests appropriate policy and procedure modifications for improved internal control. Ensures that all financial systems provide adequate audit trail and documentation.
- Ensures that all documents are archived and maintained in a safe and secure manner for the time periods indicated by project and grant sponsors.
- Assists the Senior Accountant to obtain support documents, prepare analyses of the project account and project specific audits.
- Ensures all paperwork is properly archived at the end of each audit.
- And any other duties as may reasonably be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Familiarity with USG Federal Acquisition Regulations and USG contracting rules
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Excellent Organizational Skills.
- Proficient Communication Skills.
- Effective Problem-solving.
- Assessment & Interpretation.
- Strong People Skills
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A minimum of Bachelor of Accounting or Business Administration (BBA), Finance or related field from a reputable Institution/University.
- At least 2 years experience in humanitarian and development programming with knowledge of USAID funded projects.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda