SNV Netherlands Development Organization is a not-for-profit international development organizational founded in the Netherlands in 1965; and currently maintains a global presence in 30 countries; across Africa, Asia and Latin America. SNV has been present in Uganda since 1989 and currently undertakes donor funded programming within 100+ districts across the country. As an organisation, SNV focuses on the Agriculture, WASH and Energy sectors.
For more information on our operations in Uganda and SNV, visit our website: www.snv.org
Vehicle operations and Safety
- Have end responsibility for use of car, clean and fuel vehicle, check inventory (e.g. first aid kit, second tire etc.) and status of the vehicle, identify any damage and report these to supervisor, arrange and keep track of periodical service schedule and insurance
- Drive passengers or deliver errands within the identified areas, following the traffic regulations, safety instructions and situations and based on the travel arrangements of the passengers and/or delivery requirements
- Regularly check and maintain the main maintenance areas (e.g. oil, tire pressure etc.), identify technical malfunctions, check potential repair alternatives, conduct repairs to the vehicles and/or send for repair, in consultation with the supervisor in case of complex and/or costly repair
- Keep logbook of all driving activities, fuel and any incidents and accidents. Ensure insurances and taxes of vehicles are up to date.
- Execute activities to support others based on request, like assist in logistic activities, or support in maintenance of building.
Planning and Coordination
- Plan transport, coordinate drivers, contact and contract suppliers and garages for maintenance and services, ensure valid insurances for fleet and check and document valid driver license of all persons driving SNV Vehicles
- UCE Certificate
- Valid driver’s license with Classes A, B,CM,DL
JOB RELATED EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE:
- 1-5 years driving experience in a medium sized organization
- Defensive driving experience for risk management
- Knowledge of Ugandan Traffic Laws and regulation
- Effective verbal, presentation and listening communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Ability to maintain composure always.
- Computer knowledge is preferred
Application Deadline: by 05/06/022.
Contract Duration : On- Call basis
Contract Type: Local (open to Ugandan nationals only)
Duty Stations: Kampala
Desired Start Date: July 2022
How to apply
Apply online at Click Here to Apply
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 USD 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda