The mission of the Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) is to “Strengthen Health Systems in Africa with strong emphasis on Infectious Diseases through Research and Capacity Development”. IDI has six operational areas through which it works to achieve its mission: Prevention, Care and Treatment, Training, Research, Laboratory services (including the CAP-certified IDI Core Lab & Translational Lab), Global Health Security and Health System Strengthening Programmes.
In order to contribute to achievement of the above objectives, IDI wishes to recruit a motivated and competent individual to fill the vacancy below:
The Counsellor will work within the IDI Outreach Program Counselling function by providing the clients relevant information about SMC. He/ she must treat each client with dignity and respect.
- Provide individual and group counselling services to clients seeking VMMC in line with existing MoH policy and guidelines.
- Participate in community mobilization and demand creation activities for VMMC.
- Identify clients in need of further counselling and refer them to other social support institutions as appropriate.
- A degree in counselling or a health-related field
- Completion of a recognized course in counselling with a specialty in counselling services for persons living with HIV/AIDS
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in a clinical setting
Required experience and skills
- Excellent communication, counselling skills
- Knowledge and understanding of recent advances in HIV/AIDS
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Good interpersonal skills, organizational skills, strong service ethic, professionalism, and attention to detail are required.
- Computer literacy with working knowledge of MS Office Software
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda