Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS) is the leading National Humanitarian Organization in Uganda and a member of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement (IFRC). Uganda Red Cross implements lifesaving services across the country and would wish to invite applicants that meet job requirements for vacant positions in our organisation.
|Title||Project Officer – WASH (Hard Ware) (1 position)|
|Reports||Project Manager – WASH|
The role of the Project Officer – WASH (Hard Ware) will be responsible for the Management of all hardware Watsan components, programming, material, financial and human resources of the National Society within the project area. The position interfaces with the field Austrian Red Cross WASH team towards delivery of WASH interventions in the area.
- Overall planning, coordination, implementation, evaluation and proposes recommendations on Watsan components;
- Prepares project work plans and budgets and ensures proper accountability of project funds and other resources;
- Prepares and submits timely and quality activity reports;
- Prepares quarterly and annual project progress reports, budgets in accordance with URCS guidelines and presents the same for incorporation into the overall organization plan and budget.
- Provides training, coaching and support supervision to project staff, project focal persons and project volunteers (CBDR volunteers and groups).
- Develops monitoring tools in liaison with the URCS M&E officer and ensures they are used and indicators therein captured.
- Liaises and maintains good coordination with Government and relevant stakeholders in consultation with respective Branch Managers /Project staff on WASH activities and policies;
- Assess the none-functional water facilities in the project area to establish magnitude of damage, identify the spare parts required and execute necessary remedial actions.
- Assess the water situation in the project areas and recommend appropriate technologies to deliver safe and adequate water in such areas.
- Prepare technical reports including technical drawings and designs for bid documents to facilitate contractual process by logistics department.
- Manages contracts whenever they are awarded, maintains link with contractors and closely supervises the contracted works to completion.
- Promotes construction and use of sanitary facilities within the project areas;
- Maintains good coordination and cooperation with other sector partners, district and sub county authorities.
- Conduct technical assessments during health emergencies and disasters to inform management on appropriate interventions and support the operations accordingly.
|Core Competencies and knowledge|
Download application template from here
Applications from suitable persons to be considered for appointment in the outlined positions are hereby invited. All applicants should adhere to the Red Cross Principles. URCS is an equal opportunities employer and mindful of gender balance in its establishment.
Please send your filled application form and attach your academic transcripts and certificates. The filled application forms and academic transcripts and certificates can be e-mailed to; firstname.lastname@example.org or hand delivered, and or by post to:
The Secretary General,
Uganda Red Cross Society,
Plot 551/555 Rubaga Road,
P.O. Box 494, Kampala, Uganda.
Closing date for receipt of the applications is 25th October 2021 at 5.00 p.m.
When applying please indicate your preferred location.
Due to large volumes of applications, only short listed candidates shall be contacted. Canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Yumbe District, Uganda