JOB: ASSISTANT ACCOUNTANT, UGANDA – KRC/HR/2021/11
The selected candidate will report to the Senior Accountant, for the Uganda Regional office, based in Kampala.
The purpose of the role is to prepare, develop and analyze key financial information to facilitate management decision making. The position will provide high quality support by liaising with other departments on all financial reporting and other finance matters, budgetary management and control.
• Monitoring and enhancing Accounts Payables process to ensure all invoices are timely and accurately paid.
• Dealing with debt collection processes to ensure timely claim recoveries and premium
• Participate in preparation of subsidiary’s annual financial budget.
• Preparing the monthly payroll.
• Ensuring the Corporation is fully compliant on all taxation issues and that all deadlines are fully met.
• Allocating and matching of reinsurance receipts and payments and managing the petty cash.
• Preparing monthly bank reconciliations.
• Coordinating the tagging of Fixed Assets upon acquisition, prior to assignment and payment for the same.
• Recording all Fixed Asset acquisitions, retirements and transfers as well as monthly
depreciation in Oracle always ensuring that all information is up-to-date.
• Monthly reconciliation of all vendor accounts within set deadlines.
• Filing of all Accounts Payable and receivable documents on a timely basis and in as easily retrievable manner.
• Preparing accounts schedules for internal, interim and annual audits and timely resolution of audit queries.
• Any other duties assigned by Management.
• Applicants should be holders of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting / Finance or any business related field from a recognized university.
• They should be Qualified Accountants with equivalent of CPA /ACCA or any other equivalent internationally recognized professional qualification.
• They should have three (3) years accounting experience in Insurance/ Reinsurance or related field and a thorough understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
• In addition they should have the ability to meet strict deadlines and work without supervision, have excellent knowledge and hands on working experience in operating MS Office suite.
• Experience in working with Oracle Financials will be an added advantage.
• They should have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, be able to operate in a performance driven environment and be a team player with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
Kenya Re is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of
gender, colour, race, religion, natural origin, age or physical disability. An appropriate
remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates.
Applicants should indicate on the CV their current/last salary and whether they are persons living with disability. They should post or email as attachments their CV and cover letter quoting the relevant Job Ref No. and outlining how they meet requirements for the
The Human Resource Manager
Kenya Reinsurance Corporation Limited
P. O Box 30271, 00100 GPO NAIROBI
Closing Date: 3rd September 2021
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda