Seed is seeking to hire a full-time Program Officer for the Uganda office.
Under the supervision of the Program and Monitoring Evaluation & Learning (PMEL) Manager, the Program Officer contributes his/her energy, passion, and skills primarily to supporting Seed’s Uganda country program as the primary focal point for educator support with occasional support to the PMEL Manager across the full range of program and partnership activities. The position will collaborate with other team members in Uganda and headquarters and may interface with members in other countries of operation for purposes of cross learning.
The position is a full-time position based in Kampala, Uganda with frequent travel to the field. .
Duties and Responsibilities:
Key roles and responsibilities include (but may not be limited to):
The program officer is primarily responsible for smooth implementation of in-country educator support throughout the full cycle of educator from onboarding to offboarding. The incumbent will maintain a calendar of in-country programming and training events for educators, establish and administer checklists for the different activities on the calendar and keep the key players aligned to ensure in-country educator support activities are smoothly coordinated and arising issues resolved in a timely manner.
○ Ensure timely licensure and work permit processing and renewal for international educators including liaison with headquarters and host sites to obtain and submit the requisite document to relevant government offices.
○ Identify, organize/classify and maintain appropriate educator records relevant to the onboarding process such as historical and present partner institution specific Scopes of Work and educator needs, among others.
○ Schedule and set reminders for in-country educator onboarding preparatory interactions with partner sites and in-country staff.
○ Organize, implement and document educator in-country and onsite orientation activities.
In service support
○ Coordinate Submission and approval of educators’ annual leave requests and travel itineraries
○ Coordinate inservice training and professional development needs
○ Tracking educator needs and outreach from the Seed team including maintaining site and educator files , security incidents, extension applications and inventory
○ Identify, quantify and maintain supply of educator Personal Protective Equipment throughout their service.
○ Schedule and set reminders for in-country educators offboarding preparatory interactions with partner sites and in-country staff.
○ Review, administer, compile and store educator departure checklists e.g. housing inventories, among others.
○ In collaboration with the PMEL manager and other team members, organize, implement and document educator in-country End of Service activities.
The program officer will support the PMEL manager in executing Seed Global Health’s commitment to partner institutions working closely with partner institution staff, partnership administrators and other members of the Seed team to execute. Activities include;
● Participate in the planning, execution and documentation of annual, quarterly partnership meetings.
● Assist in the preparation and analysis of annual partnership budgets.
● Work with the PMEL manager to support partner sites with the execution and any troubleshooting of activities as stipulated in the respective partnership work plans.
● Work with the F&A team to initiate, track, deliver partnership procurements and conduct inventory management site visits/audits as needed.
● Schedule and set reminders for partnership site visits for in-country staff, donors, government officials, Advisory Board members and Seed Staff from outside Uganda.
● Participate in the routine support supervision partner site visits.
● Support the partnership administrators and work with the F&A team to ensure disbursements for payment requests initiated for site program activities are made within the stipulated timelines.
● Collaborate with partnership administrators on programmatic reporting.
● Support the tracking and maintaining of programmatic partnership site reports.
Country Office support
● The incumbent will support the documentation and tracking of day-to-day activities and needs of the PMEL team including inventory, logistics, planning and coordination.
● The program officer will be required from time to time to provide support to the broader country team at peak times
● A minimum of a bachelor’s degree from a recognized University preferably in the areas of healthcare, humanities or a related field. Prior experience in a program role working with diverse teams in an international NGO including coordination of international staff will be preferred. Applicants should be eligible to work in Uganda.
● Experience or understanding of health professional training
● Minimum 2 years’ cumulative work experience
● Passion and commitment to Seed’s mission
● Strong sense of accountability, personal initiative, and responsibility
● Excellent interpersonal skills, including flexibility, adaptability & initiative
● Demonstrated cross-cultural sensitivity and ability to build respectful relationships with colleagues from different cultural, linguistic, and educational backgrounds.
● Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced and young organization work environment
● English proficiency – both verbal and written
● Ability to work independently with minimal guidance and proactively solicit required guidance to attain agreed deliverables
● Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite, including strong proficiency in Excel and Word. Familiarity with program management software like Asana will be an added advantage.
● Will be based in Kampala, Uganda
● Will be expected to travel domestically several times per year
Competitive base salary commensurate with experience, health insurance, life insurance and related benefits.
How to Apply
Human Resources, Seed Global Health
Please indicate ‘Program Officer– Uganda’ in the subject line. Closing date for applications is August 25, 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. **
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda