JOB TITLE: Fleet Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Logistics Manager
POSITION: One (1)
CONTRACT DURATION: One (1) year renewable based on performance and availability of funding
- The Fleet Coordinator is responsible to oversee the Medical Teams Uganda (MTI-U) countrywide fleet of vehicles, motorbikes, generators, and other motorized equipment to ensure efficient utilization, maintenance, and accountability in line with government and donor regulations. The Coordinator also provides technical support to the Kampala and field office staff. They will also ensure that fleet operations follow all security and security requirements and best practices to protect people and property involved as well as the reputation of Medical Teams.
- Minimum of a Degree in Transport/Logistics Management or Mechanical Engineering from a recognized institution. Additional training in fleet management is desirable.
- Valid driving License for all relevant classes (Classes A, B, CM, and DL is required). Possession of other classes is added advantage.
- Knowledge of automotive mechanics is an advantage.
- Effective interpersonal skills, oral and written communication skills.
- Minimum of 3 years of proven supervisory experience in fleet department preferably in international humanitarian organizations.
- Minimum of 5 years of working experience at supervisory level in International Humanitarian Organizations with a minimum fleet portfolio of 20 Vehicles.
- Experience working in a consortium of humanitarian actors, including UN agencies, is desirable
- Fleet management systems, GPS tracking, fleet maintenance, and driver training.
- Budgeting, planning, and implementation management
- Full computer literacy on Windows and MS Office is mandatory. Knowledge of ERP and fleet management software is an added advantage
- Working knowledge of the fleet and traffic laws of Uganda is an added advantage.
- Knowledge in other logistics functional areas such as warehousing and procurement is desirable.
- Strategic and long-term planning skills required
- Mentoring, training, and capacity building
- Systems design and strengthening
- Remote management
- Maintain detailed and complete records with high accuracy
- Productively engage across departments in matters relating to the fleet.
- Ability to support Medical Teams Calling and adhere to the Medical Teams Code of Conduct
For the position’s details, please follow the link below and browse open positions to apply Click Here to Apply
APPLICATION DEADLINE: August 24, 2021. 5:00 PM.
- Interested applicants who meet the minimum criteria should visit the link above to apply. Please include at least 3 work-related referees on your CV preferably people who have worked with you in your current role and previous and understand your competence and conduct.
- Only online applications will be accepted. Your application will only be reviewed if you have fulfilled all the requirements and system application procedures.
- Medical Teams International does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, Shortlisting, interview meeting, processing, reference verification, training, or any other fees)
- Medical Teams International will not be responsible for such fraudulent correspondence or any loss of money or theft which may result from anyone engaging in any fraudulent recruitment activity.
- Medical Teams International is an equal opportunity employer.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda