Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS) is the leading National Humanitarian Organization in Uganda and a member of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
|Title||Policy and Advocacy Manager (1 position)|
|Reports||Technically to Head Disaster Risk Management and Administratively to Head of Operations
|Duration||One (1) year renewable (subject to annual funding)
The Policy and Advocacy Manager will specifically support the National Society in liaison with Head of Disaster Risk Management, Head of Operations, Head Communications, Partnerships & Resource Mobilization and other support functions in positioning the National Society Programme policy humanitarian interventions and long-term development work advocacy priorities at national level. He/she will provide leadership ensuring that the Uganda Red Cross Society’s voice is strategically heard in influencing practical steps towards sustain actions and resource mobilization.
- To be responsible for the policy intelligence, research and advocacy work for identified area/s of URCS policy work, in coordination with the specific departments.
- To lead and develop the Uganda Red Cross Society influencing strategy
- Provide guidance to the Uganda Red Cross Society team on good practice around power analysis, evidence based advocacy, public campaigning, effective messaging, risk assessment and ensuring the creation of clear and accessible tools and resources for teams to maximize their programme impact.
- Support the Uganda Red Cross Society to develop effective networks, partnerships with multiple stakeholders for the effective delivery of campaign goals ensuring linkages at branch, national, regional and global level.
- Support the URCS in the management, development and implementing policy and advocacy proposals relevant to the specific work areas agreed together with Project Team.
- To analyse and monitor relevant legislation, policies, measures, projects and studies at URCS and national level, relevant to the designated policy area/s and produce policy briefings and analytical reports in consultation with the relevant working group/s.
- To develop and implement advocacy strategies with the Office of the Prime minister, Government’s Ministries, Embassies, Donors, Departments and Agencies (MDAs), Acadaemia, Private Sector, Special Groups, Cabinet, Parliament, DRR Platforms, UN bodies and CSOs towards the development of National Disaster Preparedness and Management Bill.
- To represent URCS in key humanitarian and diplomacy platforms, building relationships with key institutions and strategic stakeholders, attending external meetings, collecting intelligence, and building alliances relevant to the different policy areas.
- Conduct Stakeholder mapping, preparing problem analysis framework, identifying paths to influence stakeholders & key messages, creating detailed annual, monthly & weekly plans for advocacy/engagement activities towards the National Disaster Preparedness & Management Bill.
- Organizing and coordinating advocacy/engagement activities including meetings, steering groups, campaign days, social media campaigns, media/radio broadcasts, conferences, workshops, progress reports.
- Ensuring that advocacy activities are properly budgeted, documented and information is entered and stored effectively to facilitate effective monitoring and evaluation
- Reporting and reviewing success and challenges to enable swift remedial action
Download application template from here >>>
Applications from suitable persons to be considered for appointment in the outlined positions are hereby invited. All applicants should adhere to the Red Cross Principles. URCS is an equal opportunities employer mindful of gender balance in its establishment.
Full job descriptions is below and you can get the application template from here
Please send your filled application form and attach your academic transcripts and certificates. The filled application forms and academic transcripts and certificates can be e-mailed to; email@example.com or hand delivered, and or by post to:
The Secretary General,
Uganda Red Cross Society,
Plot 551/555 Rubaga Road,
P.O. Box 494, Kampala, Uganda.
Closing date for receipt of the applications is 23rd August 2021 by 5:00 p.m.
When applying please indicate your preferred location.
Due to large volumes of applications, only short listed candidates shall be contacted. Canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
- Salary Offer 0-ush50000000 USD 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda