Job Summary: Responsible for performing X-ray examination according to protocols, security measures and standards of hygiene and privacy in order to contribute to the improvement of the health condition of patients.
Job Location: Mbarara
- Responsible to perform safe, high quality radiographic imaging and analysis to assist in the diagnosis and management of patients, reporting immediately to the medical referent any problem regarding patient’s health status
- Prepare patients for imaging including explaining procedures, compiling medical history, providing necessary protective gear and upholding patient confidentiality at all times
- Ensure staff/patient compliance to all radiation safety regulations including use of protective aprons and devices, and clearly marking and respecting radiation areas; identify vulnerable persons to radiation, such as pregnant women, and protect them accordingly
- Ensure application of hygiene protocols in the maintenance of equipment and X-ray room; performing cleaning of X-ray devices and ensure proper waste disposal
- Responsible for quality assurance by auditing own practice and ensuring that radiography equipment remains in good condition and makes necessary requisition for repair needs
- Perform regular stock inventory and ensure all materials are stored according to each specific condition; make requisitions for materials
- Ensure biomedical equipment is in good working order by using in accordance with user manual and protocols, perform cleaning and minor maintenance, undertaking regular quality assurance checks; alert supervisor in case of malfunctioning, damage/loss/robbery of X-ray room material and devices
- Ensure that medical practices are conducted with the highest level of integrity and ethics according to professional and MTI Code of Conduct
- Ensure direct reports have clear objectives, receive mentorship and participate in capacity building opportunities
- Conduct performance evaluations and enforce disciplinary process as per MTI policy
- Ensure data collected is accurate and submit reports according to schedule.
- Other duties as assigned
Education, Experience, Licenses & Certifications
- Diploma in Medical Radiography
- Registration with Allied Health Professionals Council is required.
- Valid practicing license is required
- 2 years of radiography experience is required
- Experience working with international NGOs is an added advantage
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of radiography principles and best practices
- Knowledge of hygiene management and IPC protocol
- Skilled in performing radiographic imaging and interpreting images
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A good command of both written and spoken English
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of patient information and adhere to professional code of conduct
- Ability to treat all patients and staff with respect, without prejudice
- Ability to provide high quality, ethical, compassionate care that places the needs of the patient first
- Ability to maintain detailed records with high accuracy
- Ability to support MTI Calling and adhere to the MTI Code of Conduct
This position requires work at health facilities located in remote areas with very basic living conditions.
NOTE: The above job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by staff assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of staff in this position. Duties, responsibilities and skills are also subject to change based on the changing needs of the job, department or organization. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by Medical Teams International as the requirements of the job change.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Mbarara, Uganda