Job: Public Relations Specialist
Compassion International is an Evangelical Christian Organization that has a mission to “release children from poverty in Jesus’ name”. Currently, there are over two million children in our child development programs. We pride ourselves in the cultural values;
- Here for a reason – the mission
- 100 % for one another
- Invite others in
- Careful with our words
- Serious about personal growth – ours and others
This seasoned specialist researches, develops, maintains, and implements policies and programs that enhance the organization’s reputation and relationships; this person aids in cultivating the organization’s relations with the community, government and regulatory entities, employees, donors, and other key stakeholders.. The specialist further coordinates and disseminates the organization’s communications with news or trade media contacts through special events, public speaking, or other means used to reach defined audience and program needs. At this career level, the incumbent generally conducts public relations projects independently or participates as a team member for major, complex, public relations initiatives. He or she may coach and oversee the work of other specialists.
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
- Acts as an advocate to raise the awareness of the needs of children. Understands Christ’s mandate to protect children. Commits to and prioritizes child protection considerations in all decision-making, tasks and activities across the ministry. Abides by all behavioral expectations in Compassion’s Statement of Commitment to Child Protection and Code of Conduct. Reports any concerns of abuse, neglect or exploitation of children through Compassion’s internal reporting process and appropriately supports responses to incidents if they occur.
- Promotes clear and consistent communication materials to support and enhance the organization’s brand/identity and core messaging.
- Plans, develops, and publishes external communication (including press kits, press releases, annual reports, byline articles, storylines/pitch decks, web content, corporate messaging, and other PR vehicles). He or she may also develop and maintain lines of communication with media contacts and other external audience groups.
- Coordinates with media to prepare and relay communication concerning the organization for the press and wider community with the purpose of enhancing relationships with all of the organization’s various publics in order to generate mutual understanding, goodwill, awareness and support.
- May coordinate social media initiatives and produce corresponding materials in alignment with communication projects.
- Works cross-functionally to maintain the organization’s brand, including updating the style guide and editorial standards/policies.
- Coaches and provides expertise to other professionals and support staff in the public relations discipline.
- Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Accountable for supporting, upholding, and engaging in Compassion’s core “Cultural Behaviors” in all internal and external communication and relationships.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations, Mass Communication or a related field.
- At least 4 years Relevant experience working in this or a related field.
Licenses and Certifications
- Certification from a nationally or internationally recognized organization in a related field.
*Equivalent education, training and/or certification may be substituted for experience and education shown above
Office – Standard Office Environment
Sitting, standing, and/or walking for up to 8 hours per day
May be required to travel up to 10% of normal schedule
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 USD 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda