Job: Multi Grants Finance Officer
Div/Dept: Programs & Partnerships
Location: Country Office
Reporting Relationship: Grants Management Specialist
Summary : To provide grant acquisition and administrative services for the CO
- Maintain an updated pricing list to support proposal development,
- Key team member in the CO resource acquisition efforts supporting the development of proposal budgets and budget narratives.
- Responsible for aligning proposal budgets into the format of the donor.
- Supporting pre-award Partner reviews and following up on identified areas for improvement.
- Provide joint review of the draft project agreement prior to Management approval ensuring that critical donor demands are highlighted and understood.
- Participate and provide project budget understanding, highlighting key donor rules & regulations to Project teams,
- Ensure that the budgets are appropriately coded to assure both Internal and External reporting,
- Support the internal registration of new grants and/or MPPs.
- Working with Project teams, calculate monthly cash requests and ensure that projects are funded in a timely manner.
- Track grant accountabilities and keep the Supervisor abreast of key developments.
- Prepare, post reviewed and approved grant entries for accounting purposes under the guidance of the Cluster Senior Accountant while observing proper controls and ensuring that all supporting documents are available.
- Performs balance sheet account reconciliations related to grant/MPPs accounts on a monthly.
- Support the Grants Management Team in trouble shooting grants implementation.
- Carry out variance analysis of actuals against the plan and outlooks and writes the necessary reports for internal clients.
- In conjunction with Programs department, participates in follow-up of the causal factors for the variances in performance and support the development of strategies to address the same.
- Responsible to donor financial reports.
- Support the project team in grant closeout including developing the project disposition plans.
- Supports grants audits and the resolution of issues raised by the auditors.
Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills which will enable you to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child safeguarding policy and procedures, and conduct yourself in a manner consistent with the Child Safeguarding Policy
- Maintains and ensures compliance with ChildFund internal control procedures and donor requirements for Grants and cost-sharing.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree in an Accounting discipline as well as professional accounting qualification (CPA/ACCA).
- Extensive computer proficiency in MS Office applications with a good command of excel.
- Proficiency in a relevant accounting package.
- A minimum of four (5) years hands on experience in a similar job area in a child focused development organization. Previous experience in proposal development is highly desirable and will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrable attitude for teamwork
- High level of interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrable ability to meet deadlines.
- High level of communication skills both written and oral.
ChildFund International is committed to safeguarding the interests, rights, and well-being of children with whom it is in contact and to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for children.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda