Job: Human Rights Officer
Host entity- OHCHR
Location, Country- Kampala (UGA)
Language skills- English
Expected Starting Date- Immediate
Duration- 6 months
Application deadline- 01 July 2021
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Office and the direct supervision of the Human Rights Officer in charge of Kampala Human Rights Monitoring team, the NUNV will undertake the following tasks in support to the implementation of the OHCHR Uganda work plan;
- Assist in regular collection, analysis and reporting on human right abuses and violations reported on both print and electronic media.
- Receive victicms of alleged human rights abuses and liaise with the team for possible colective advise.
- Assist in the distribution of human rights eductional promotional materials to the public.
- Contribute to reports on on-going and completed acytivities.
- Assist in maintaining awarenes of current human rights issues including relevant political and legal developments in the country.
- Assist in the organization and administrative arrangements of trainings and workshops and keeping records,
Degree in law, human rights, political science, international relations, peace and conflict studies or related field.
Demonstrated interest and/or experience in human rights, political affairs, international
relations, law, or related area is required. Experience working with international human rights standards, instruments and mechanisms is an added advantage.
Experience in human rights monitoring and reporting and/or in building capacity for the promotion and protection of human rights is desirable. Internships and voluntary work may be considered at 50% if deemed relevant. Previous experience as a volunteer and/or experience of another culture, (i.e. studies, volunteer work, internship) would be highly regarded
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Experience in human rights monitoring and reporting and/or in building capacity for the promotion and protection of human rights.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda