Reporting Relationship: Project Officer – ECD
- Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills which will enable you to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child safeguarding policy and procedures, and conduct yourself in a manner consistent with the Child Safeguarding Policy.
- In collaboration with the project officer, the project Assistant will ensure effective implementation of the Livelihood component of the ECD project and report accordingly.
- Prepares both weekly and monthly work plans and budgets and submits them to the Project Officer for review.
- Follows up the approved plans to ensure the set objectives are met.
- Participates in area-based partnership meetings.
- Provides guidance to Area team and Federation on issues concerning caregiver livelihoods in the mainstream program as well as in the ECD project.
- Collaborate with other actors like district and sub-county leadership regarding the ECD project implementation.
- Provides technical support to project community volunteers who are involved in the project implementation.
- Document on regular basis project significant stories of change and share with the donor.
- Readily represents ChildFund in relevant fora and seminars on matters of ECD project interventions.
- Regularly participate in District Coordination meetings and other meetings/workshops/conferences called by partner organizations and government as and when delegated by the Project Officer.
- Participates in Project reviews from time to time.
- Undertake regular visits to ECD centers, communities, and other service providers for purposes of monitoring & evaluating actual implementing of activities.
- Organizes stakeholder quarterly reviews to reflect on project implementation processes and propose realignments here and there.
- Conduct quality and on spot weekly monitoring visits at the different project sites.
- Provide Regular support to the relevant livelihood project structures ie Community groups and VSLA to ensure their functionality.
- Support in formation and functionality of community groups in project interventions.
- Regularly provide information to feed in the project coverage table using agreed upon tools and formats.
- Prepares quality activity reports and presents to the Project Officer.
- Organizes joint monitoring visits with LP, NO team and partners at district level.
- Consults at district level with other stakeholders on matters of support in relation to the Livelihoods promotion.
- Disseminates updates on the ECD project to the district and sub-county stakeholders to make them aware of the progress of the project.
- Actively engages in other operations of ChildFund in the program area.
- Actively participates in the budgeting and budgetary control activities in the Area.
- Ensures value for money for all project funds.
- Ensures that advances are accounted for on time.
- Liaises with the Finance and Administrative Officer to ensure that the ECD project budget is compiled within the stipulated timeline.
- Prepares both weekly and monthly budget requests for the implementation of project activities.
- Prepares accountabilities from the implementing communities to ensure that actual expenditures are accurate.
- Coordinates with the Finance and Administrative Officer to ensure that monthly financial reports are accurate and timely.
- Performs any other duties that may from time to time be assigned by the immediate supervisor.
- Possession of computer skills is necessary.
- A minimum of three (3-) years post qualification experience in a similar position in a development organization.
- A minimum of two (2) years experience working in a rural setting is and advantage.
- Previous certificate level training in Livelihood improvement methodologies is an added advantage.
- Motorcycle riding skill is required.
- Demonstrable aptitude for teamwork.
- High level of interpersonal skills.
- High level of people management skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both in writing and orally.
- Ability to take fast decisions.
- Should have an experience working with Village saving and loans associations or other microfinance credit schemes.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work and Social Administration, Adult and community Education, Social Sciences, Development Studies, or Project Management and a Post-graduate Diploma in Project Planning and Management.
- A minimum of a diploma in Agriculture
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position
How to Apply
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Busia, Uganda