Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Description of task
- Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Senior Medical Oﬃcer, UN Resident Coordinator’s Oﬃce (RCO)/UNDP, the Administrative Assistant provides the following support;
- Support the timely and efficient organization by the Senior Medical Officer and the new enhanced clinic meetings and initiatives including assisting with logistics, maintaining the UN Doctor’s calendar and ensuring that the clinic has the required materials by reordering supplies.
- Assist establishment of the New Enhanced UN Clinic, programing, staff selection and placement, payroll, attendance.
- Support the Senior Medical Officer for travel management processes by coordinating travel arrangements (vehicle operations and maintenance, booking itineraries and hotels, obtaining security clearances when appropriate, preparing travel requests and travel claims in line with travel entitlements for staff and consultants).
- Asist the UNCT Clinic admin Assistant on population and maintenance of the Office database of contacts.
- Maintenance of the filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials, generating reports.
- Operation and management of the telephone switchboard in accordance with appropriate protocol; answering and forwarding phone calls, screening phone calls, etc. Daily test of main switchboard line in use and report in case of failure.
- Compile bills, invoices and staff claims for submission to UNDP for payment processing.
- Control and maintenance of office operational equipment, initiate office procurements requests for approval and submission to UNDP.
Required degree level: Bachelor degree or equivalent
Education – Additional Comments:
- Relevant experience in administration or project support services (travel, budget, event planning, logistics, protocol, etc.) is required.
- Familiarity with UN/UNDP operations policies and guidelines is an asset.
- Knowledgeof ERP systems i.e., Atlas, PeopleSoft is required.
- Requiredto be adept in use of multiple media –computers, smart phones, databases, etc. with strong skills in MS Word and Excel;
- Stronginter-personal skills are key.
- Experienceas a pro-active assistant able to carry out tasks with a high degree of initiative and independence in delivering required outputs;
- Strongcapacity to meet deadlines.
Required experience: 24 Months
Experience in functioning in a fast – paced environment in multinational organization with high-level senior executives and professionals is required.
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Area of expertise: Development programme/project administration, Administration and administrative assistance
Area of expertise details:
Previous experience in administration.
Driving license: No
Adaptability and Flexibility, Client Orientation, Communication, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Self-Management
How to Apply
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections
of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink.
Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at
https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 13 May 2021
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda