Candidate age: between 18 and 29 throughout the entire duration of their assignment. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
- Assist in regularly updating the OHCHR in Uganda website, Facebook and Twitter accounts, and with relevant content and quality photographs in a timely manner;
- Assist in developing coordinated, innovative social media strategies and campaigns involving multiple UN Agencies and key partners.
- Assist in conducting communications and information needs assessments for OHCHR, UN joint programming and initiatives, and make proposals to integrate public information and programme.
- Support the development/production of information and communications instruments and materials for awareness-raising campaigns, including briefing materials and press releases in coordination with the supervisor.
- Support OHCHR publication activities, such as drafting articles, content management, norms for publishing, design, maintenance of regular contact with printers and other suppliers to ensure quality production.
- Assist in promoting and disseminating information and communication materials for launching initiatives and publications.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mass communication
- 24 Months
and/or experience in human rights, political affairs, and communications is required. Experience working with the media is an added advantage. Experience in organising and coordinating public events and/or in drafting communications for press releases, and web presence is desirable. Previous experience as a volunteer and/or experience of engagement with human rights events would be highly regarded.
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Knowledge of human rights issues and ability to identify related problems in their political, ethnic, racial, gender equality and socio-economic dimensions.
Knowledge of institutional mandates of human rights organizations, prevailing policies and procedures.
Research and analytical skills, including ability to identify and participate in the resolution of human rights issues.
Ability to identify sources for data collection, analyze information and draft human rights reports.
Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations.
Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informe
Accountability, Ethics and Values, Planning and Organizing, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections
of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink.
Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 13 May 2021
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda