The Job holder will be responsible for offering support to the Assistant Manager, Sales for the consistent growth of sales in the Alternative Distribution Channel.
- Effectively work with your supervisor in the analysis of the performance of the ADC and propose and implement initiatives for the growth of the channel.
- Ensure that all internal Compliance requirements are adhered to including licensing, renewal requirements as per the laid down company renewal procedures
- Make timely requisitions for Rent, Rewards, Commissions, Transport expenses, etc to ensure the smooth running of the ADC operations.
- Ensure all Files for the team in the Channel are up to date and ensure 100% compliance.
- Ensure the timely acquisition of IRA licenses for the ADC team
- Verification/Allocation of Bank deposit slips for premiums from the ADC team
- Offer support to the travel Channel through the issuance of policies, and related claim follow-ups.
- In liaison with Finance, effectively allocate all premiums from the MTP stations as per the UIA system
- Prepare timely reports for the channel as and when the need arises.
- Deliver on performance requirements as defined in the departments’ strategy map and Personal Scorecard.
Key Performance Measures
- Execution of departmental strategy
- ADC Revenue Growth
- 100% Compliance
- Effective allocation of MTP Premiums
- Timely reports
- Work with other departments as and when required.
- Agency Outlets
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related field
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer/software packages e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint etc.
- 2-3 years’ experience in a similar position
- Experience working with diverse teams
- Experience working in the financial services sector with focus on business development is an added advantage
Emerging Leaders Competency Descriptions:
• Presenting and Communicating Information – Speaks fluently; expresses opinions, information and key points of an argument clearly; presents effectively; responds quickly to others ‘reactions and feedback during conversations; projects credibility.
• Working with People – Shows respect for the views and contributions of team members; shows empathy; listens, supports and cares for others; consults others and pro-acitvely shares information and expertise with them; builds team spirit and reconciles conflict; adapts to the team and fits in well.
• Adhering to Principles and Values – Upholds and encourages ethical behaviour and departmental values; demonstrates integrity; encourages individual responsibility towards the community and the environment; models the organisational values during every day interactions.
• Analysing – Analyses numerical data and all other sources of information, breaking them into component parts, patterns and relationships; probes for further information or greater understanding of a problem; makes rational judgements from the available information and analysis; demonstrates an understanding of how one issue may be part of a much larger system / process / problem.
• Planning and Organising – Adheres to and monitors clearly defined objectives; plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances; identifies and organises resources needed to accomplish tasks; manages time effectively; monitors performance against deadlines and milestones.
• Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations – Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction; sets and models high standards for quality and quantity; monitors and maintains quality and productivity; works in a systematic methodical and orderly way; consistently achieves projects goals.
• Deciding and Initiating Action – Takes responsibility for own, as well as subordinates’ actions and projects; takes initiative and works under own direction; initiates and generates activity; introduces improvements into work processes; handles problems with minimal guidance.
• Leading and Supervising – Provides subordinates with a clear direction; motivates and empowers others; provides subordinates with the relevant coaching; creates a positive climate that fosters learning and development; identifies high potential talent; sets and articulates the departmental vision and values through own personal behaviour; sets appropriate standards of behaviour.
• Formulating Strategies and Concepts – Works strategically to realise personal goals; understands and effectively communicates the departmental strategy; translates the departmental strategy and vision into operational responsibilities; takes into consideration departmental strategy during all tasks; takes account of a wide range of issues across, and related to current role.
• Applying Expertise and Technology – Applies specialist and detailed technical expertise; uses technology to achieve work objectives; develops job knowledge and expertise (theoretical and practical) through continual professional development; demonstrates an understanding of different organisational departments and functions.
• Following Instructions and Procedures – Challenges authority only when appropriate; follows procedures and policies; keeps to schedules; arrives punctually for work and meetings; demonstrates a commitment to the organisation; complies with legal obligations and safety requirements of the role.
• Adapting and Responding to change – Adapts to changing circumstances; tolerates ambiguity; accepts new ideas and change initiatives; adapts interpersonal style to suit different people or situations; shows an interest in new experiences.
Technical and functional competencies
- Analytical and Critical Thinker
- Decision making –ability to make strategic decisions in a timely and effective manner
- High moral and ethical standing
- Highly motivated
- Good Communication Skills
- Building Relationships
- Focuses on the Customers
- Develops Self
- Solves Problems
How to Apply
- Salary Offer ush-300000-ush-50000000 UGX ush-300000-ush-50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda