Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Under the overall guidance of the UN Women Deputy Representative and the direct supervision of the Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting Specialist will be responsible for technical support to the monitoring, reporting and knowledge management of the UN Women Uganda Programmes. She/he will support the implementation of the Country Office (CO) Programme and process result based –monitoring data reports, incorporating monitoring and reporting into programme formulation as well tracking against Strategic Plan targets and the reporting of results to internal and external audiences.
Provide coordination and analytical support to monitoring and reporting exercises of UN Women
· Review, coordinate and monitor the submission quarterly progress reports submitted by implementing partners and provide feedback to improve quality and timeliness of reporting;
· Support the development of IPs Performance Monitoring and Evaluation Plans incl. technical support to design of monitoring and evaluation standards, development of monitoring tools and standards.
· Support in all reporting obligations; quarterly and yearly corporate reports, annual donor report(s), etc.
· Include inputs from relevant evaluation findings, conclusions and recommendations into programme formulation, knowledge and outreach products.
- Collect and compile program activity information, evaluating progress toward achievement of annual work plans and related program outcomes.
· Provide technical support incl. through trainings to partners on M&E and reporting, in developing Performance Monitoring Frameworks (PMFs), systems and plans, evaluation tools, SMART indicator development and Baseline Surveys.
Provide technical and coordination support to knowledge management and capacity development initiatives on Results-Based Management
· Assist in the collection, analysis and dissemination of good practices and lessons learned on RBM, strategic planning, results-based monitoring and reporting across the organization;
· Assist the cross-thematic learning and knowledge building in the areas of RBM;
· Provide inputs to the development and coordinate the roll out of training materials and tools for strengthening corporate capacity on RBM and KM;
· Coordinate the organization of RBM-related training, webinars, and working sessions for implementing partners and CO units.
Contribute to knowledge building and capacity building
- Identify relevant good practices, evaluation findings, lessons learned, conclusions and recommendations for the development of knowledge products and capacity development tools.
- Technical support to the finalization of the CO KM strategy and lead on its implementation;
- Coordinate the creation of the virtual library for the CO knowledge products
- Identify opportunities for capacity building of partners based on project implementation and reporting and facilitate support to capacity building measures.
- Support the development and dissemination of capacity building and knowledge products including training materials and packages internally and externally.
Sciences, Political Science, Public Administration, Programme/Project Management, Gender, or other related fields.
A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
At least 2 years of relevant experience in international development specifically in the areas of Result Based Management (RBM), strategic planning, monitoring and/or reporting;
· Experience in programming and programme/project management
· Experience in working with development institutions and/or organizations (e.g. UN agencies, multilateral/bilateral development institutions, NGOs, CSOs, etc.)
· Experience in programme/project management is an asset
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
· Experience in knowledge management in the context of international development, such as collecting, analysing and sharing knowledge, in results-based management is an asset
Accountability, Commitment and Motivation, Communication, Empowering Others, Managing Performance, Working in Teams
How to Apply
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink.
Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 11 May 2021
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda