Job: Project Assistant, BREPS Project
Organization: ChildFund International
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Project Officer
About US: For over seventy years, ChildFund International has provided support to deprived, excluded and vulnerable children to have the capacity to improve their lives and opportunities to become young adults, parents and leaders who bring lasting and positive change to their communities. We promote societies whose individuals and institutions participate in valuing, protecting, and advancing the worth and rights of children. Our core commitment is child-centered change that will ensure healthy and secure infants, educated and confident children, and youth who are skilled and engage meaningfully in the affairs and decision making processes within their communities.
Job Summary: The Project Assistant, BREPS Project will primarily support the implementation of project activities on Building Resilience and Protection Systems for the Well-being of Children in Parolinya Refugee settlement and Host Communities in Obongi District, Uganda.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills which will enable you to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child safeguarding policy and procedures, and conduct yourself in a manner consistent with the Child Safeguarding Policy.
- Regularly update and monitor the CFS activities to ensure technical support and capacity enhancement is given to CFS facilitators and animators in line with the CFS curriculum and as per the global minimum standards.
- Ensure that the child protection in emergencies minimum standards are met with in implementation of BRePs project.
- Support community-based child protection systems, children’s groups and stake holders involved in the implementation of the project
- Ensuring compliance to the Child Fund Child Safeguarding policy and PSEA standards
- Provide information for projects design, implementation, monitoring and reporting.
- Collect and compile statistical data and information regarding /facilitators, community members and children participation in activities at the CFSs.
- Support community structures to prepare their monthly, quarterly reports.
- Prepare periodic reports (monthly, quarterly, biannual and annual) and submits them to the project Officer for review.
- Support community structures to develop project implementation plans and their implementation.
- Collaborate with other actors and Community Based Child Protection Systems in Zone 3 to ensure a coordinated approach to project implementation, including participation in relevant workshops, meetings in the community and keep the project officer.
- Participate in document on regular basis project significant impact and success stories of change and share with the project team.
- Coach and mentor children, animators/Facilitators, community-based child protection systems in child protection, positive parenting and SGBV issues using approved approaches and models.
- Support all referral needs that may arise from time to time and ensure that all children referred for any services are well documented, and feedback received.
- Ensures value for money for all project funds.
- Ensures that advances are accounted for on time.
- Together and guided by the PO prepare both weekly and monthly budget requests for the implementation of project activities
- Prepares accountabilities on time and ensure expenditures are accurate.
- Performs any other duties that may from time to time be assigned by the immediate supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work and Social Administration, Social Sciences, or Development Studies, or Project Management
- Possession of computer skills is necessary.
- Two years’ experience in working with refugees and other displaced persons is an added advantage.
- key skills in project planning and management required
- Ability to communicate effectively both in writing and orally
- Motorcycle riding skill is required.
- Experience in working with children.
- Demonstrable attitude for teamwork.
- High level of interpersonal skills.
- High level of people management skills.
- Ability to take fast decisions.
How to Apply:
All candidates should apply online at the link below.
- Salary Offer 0-ush-5000000 UGX Array Month
- Address Uganda