Job Title: Child Development Officer (CDO) – Health (8 No Experience Job Positions)
Organisation: Compassion International
Duty Station: Uganda
Pentecostal Assemblies of God (PAG) Karamoja Pastorate, and Church of Uganda, North Karamoja Pastorate, jointly invites suitable applicants for the ministry opportunities at the Child & Youth Development Centers. Working in partnership with Compassion International, the Diocese has a ministry of nurturing poor Children, releasing them from poverty in Jesus name.
Job Summary: The Child Development Officer (CDO) – Health will report to and are supervised by the Project Director (PD). These are team members and must exhibit a high sense of integrity and they are members of the entire church staff that employs.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as an advocate for Children and Caregivers.
- Ensure monitoring and tracking of child participation in the programme.
- Initiate generation of annual health work plan and coordinates its implementation with emphasis on prevention of diseases among the beneficiaries with utmost confidentiality.
- Works closely with the local church in developing their child Care ministry.
- Responsible for physical, cognitive, and economic development of the sponsored children.
- Plans and Coordinates health related trainings, information, education and communication (IEC).
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Must be a mature born again Christian with a sound testimony.
- Must have a professional background in any of the following: Nursing, Primary Health Care, Community Health, Clinical Medicine, Education, Social Work and Administration, Social work and Social Administration, Social Sciences, Development Studies, Education, Communication, Records Management and any related Discipline.
- Minimum qualification will be a Diploma or its equivalent.
- Must have good interpersonal skills.
- Experience and current knowledge of HIV/AIDS interventions, formal training in Counseling and Child Development, Project Planning, and Basic Accounting Procedures will be an added advantage.
- Must be computer literate
- Good written communication and strong verbal communication skills in English. Ability to communicate in Ngakarimojong or Leb Thur is and added advantage.
- Ability and desire to learn new things.
- Age: 25 – 35 years
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their handwritten application indicating preferred place of work with; recommendation letter from local Pastor/Reverend, copies of academic documents, & C.V with 3 referees including their contacts should be addressed & delivered to:
Application for positions advertised under Church of Uganda should be addressed and delivered to Diocesan Secretary, Church of Uganda, North Karamoja Diocese,
P.O. BOX, Kotido, Uganda (Located at St. Peters, Kotido) or mailed to
Applications for positions advertised under PAG- should be addressed to The Pastorate Secretary, PAG- Karamoja Pastorate P. O. BOX 61, Kotido, Uganda (located at PAG Church, Kotido) or mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org copied email@example.com
NB: Only shortlisted applications shall be contacted
Deadline: 16th October, 2020
- Salary Offer 0-ush-5000000 USD Array Month
- Address Uganda